What's new

Anyone tried Classic Shaving's Wool Fat?

Anyone, here, have experience with Classic Shaving's wool fat shaving soaps?

They seem to have a lot of scents, such as Fruit Cake, Rose, and others. The lanolin is quite high on the list and the ones before it are olive, coconut, and castor oils.

No, but now it's on my list to try since I use olive oil based soaps 99% of the time.

By what you've typed, it will be great for moisturizing and people like me with skin issues but won't lather worth a durn for typical wet shavers.

Anyone, here, have experience with Classic Shaving's wool fat shaving soaps?

They seem to have a lot of scents, such as Fruit Cake, Rose, and others. The lanolin is quite high on the list and the ones before it are olive, coconut, and castor oils.
After looking around the site, I'm not too sure. The differences in pricing makes no sense to me and by reading various descriptions it appears different scents are made by different soapers in different states? So, they're just re-selling somebody else's stuff with a set mark-up from what the original guy sells his soaps for? Maybe you can help me figure this out better.

FWIW, I have bought their "Bacon" scent off of Ebay last year. Apparently, they're not selling there any more because i just looked. I never got a chance to use it, though, because my kid in college liked the scent so I gave it to him before trying it. It wasn't really bacon to us- more like a maple syrup type scent. Looking at the ingredients of it now, they apparently bought a melt and pour base and just added a Bacon FO to it.

We don't know for sure. I'm hoping someone on this forum has tried one or more of the scents. Interesting ingredients in the list and I wonder how it would stack up to my favorite, MWF.

Top Bottom