What's new

Anyone tried Brut AS like oceans or sports?

I have brut oceans and really like it. It is quite moisturizing (oily?) . Here are the ingredients .
proxy.php

proxy.php

Its a generic aquatic scent but i like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had all the Bruts at one point and time. Due to den clearing, I only have the original now. Oceans is a pretty smooth aquatic scent (as described above). A bit more elegant smelling to my nose. Sport Style was certainly lighter and fresher. I always thought it had a slight melon scent. I liked it, but did not reach for it much. I did not like Musk. Way too sweet for me. Alaska was more "cologne" like, and was nice for a night out with the wife. I have also had Dominant (not my style) and Altitude (sporty).

Prob a few years now. I just looked on the ‘bay. Search on it and you will find a great deal on a LOT of brut aftershaves...including musk, Alaska, and others :)

I have brut oceans and really like it. It is quite moisturizing (oily?) . Here are the ingredients .
proxy.php

proxy.php

Its a generic aquatic scent but i like it.

I see that it contains glycerin so it might be oily and sticky.......

I see that it contains glycerin so it might be oily and sticky.......

It could be too oily for you. I like a moisturizing splash so I really don’t feel it as being oily.

So FYI I bought this in Spain. I find it’s easier and cheaper to find in the UK and Spain than it is in the USA .

It could be too oily for you. I like a moisturizing splash so I really don’t feel it as being oily.

So FYI I bought this in Spain. I find it’s easier and cheaper to find in the UK and Spain than it is in the USA .

Moisturizing; that's the part I hate the most. My face is oily enough as it is.
:em16:

I found a few of these european glass bottled Bruts by accident at the grand opening of a discount variety store in brooklyn. Original, Attraction Totale, Musk, and Oceans. I bought all 4 because i'd never seen them before. Then i went back a few days later and bought another whole set of all 4 to hoard because i was afraid i'd never see them again,...even went back a third time and bought a 3rd bottle of Oceans because it's awesome !!!...and their shelf was disappearing very quickly.

I don't understand the above descriptions of them being overly moisturizing or oily....they're alcohol based aftershave splashes just like any other store bought splash - old spice, clubman, aqua velva, skin bracer......you get that nice disinfecting sting feeling at first and then you're just left with a very pleasant scent. we're not talking about creamy balms or artisan skin foods here....they're just really nice smelling Bruts

I'm not even a big fan of the usual american green bottled Brut, as you might think from reading about this hoarding spree....i grew up in a lifelong Old Spice household....but these are nothing like the typical Brut...even the euro "original" is a bit nicer than what i'm used to smelling in the USA version. The euro original is actually green liquid in clear glass...., in the US, the plastic bottle is green but the liquid is clear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom