What's new

Anyone still like Nivea's balm?

I used this product for many years, but now I noticed that it's made in Mexico instead of Germany. It made my neck look more red, and I originally thought it was my shave technique.

Have they changed the ingredients?

Hmm my bottle is from 2 yrs ago. I only use it occasionally with fine soothing results. Had to go and check. Mine says "made in Mexico" too.

I used this product for many years, but now I noticed that it's made in Mexico instead of Germany. It made my neck look more red, and I originally thought it was my shave technique.

Have they changed the ingredients?
You might want to see this post that compares the "old" formula (made in Germany) with the "new" formula (made in Mexico).

You might want to see this post that compares the "old" formula (made in Germany) with the "new" formula (made in Mexico).

Good breakdown of old and new. I've used both and currently use the new. I've not had a reaction to the new and think the scent of the old was a bit better.

I switched to Proraso White balm. You can sometimes get it on sale at around the same price as Nivea. I also use the LEA 3-in-1 balm, it's a nice product and reasonably priced.

I very much have the impression that the bottle of Nivea Sensitive after shave balm (no alcohol) that I bought te other week was produced in Germany. But then again, I live in Belgium, bordering Germany.

Didn't realize they changed anything. I have a spare bottle and just looked at the box, and yup, made in Mexico. Opened it up and tried it out. Smells very different, and seemed to flow a little quicker. No scent what so ever (to my nose). I really like the face feel actually.

Whatever.

I've got the Mexican versions in the sensitive and cooling formulations. Can't compare them to any other versions, unfortunately, but I find them effective, but a bit on the greasy side. I doubt I'll use them much in the summer, but I like them in these dry winter months.

I use the Maximum Hydration Balm, made in Mexico. I like it. I also use Nivea Men Creme for hands etc. Its made in Germany. I don't see a huge difference.

I am currently using a bottle of Moisturizing and it says Germany. I also l have a Soothing still in the box and it’s also Germany. Both were purchased locally in US. It has become my go to in the winter months. Great feel, like the low scent. I always use witch hazel right after the save and then the AS balm a few minutes later. No issues here.

I never liked the Nivea after shave balm it's too watery. The best balm I have ever used comes from Dollar Tree the Power Stick brand for one buck and it's made in USA. It's very thick and peppermintish.

I'm from Europe and i'm not sure if there's any difference at all, but I only use the Nivea sensitive cool balm ever since I started DE shaving and even though I rarely get any skin irritations like I used to get when I started, I know I can rely on it. The balm stops any irritation rather quick, it's not very greasy and it absorbs into the skin in less than 2 minutes.

i just looked at my unopened Nivea balm that i purchased recently(I'm usung a different brand at the mo) and mines is Germany🇩🇪😁...perhaps different markets get different made balms, Germany for European market and Mexico for the Americas etc, who knows🤔(although i see some comments from USA with the German made)

Last edited:
I like it, but don't use it all the time. Some said they don't like it because it's thinner than others...that's exactly why I like it. YMMV.

I never liked the Nivea after shave balm it's too watery. The best balm I have ever used comes from Dollar Tree the Power Stick brand for one buck and it's made in USA. It's very thick and peppermintish.
I have noticed and like your appreciation for dollar store shaving products, which I share. Those who are snobbish about the price or source of some of this stuff are missing out!

Top Bottom