What's new

Anyone recognize this razor?

Curious if anyone can identify this razor. I've thought about grabbing a modern stainless safety razor and this is cheap (under $15) near me on fb marketplace. No description, at all other than "razor".
20210303_205348.jpg

That said, forget about this one, take the gloves off and tell me why if I was only going to have one stainless razor your favorite should be my favorite. Or feel free to recommend a few...
For those who don't know, likely all of you, my newest razor was made in 1970...a few years before me ;)
Obviously the budget on a new one is well over $15.

That is one fat handle.

Italian Barber has a huge selection of machined stainless steel RazoRock razors at good price points and a wide range from mild to aggressive. I don't like their heavy stainless handles (or most other SS handles), but the threads are metric standard. Often they offer just the head as an option.

My most recent RazoRock is the Lupo DC (dual comb), head only. Two razors in one, mounted on one of my Russian titanium handles.

Looks like a Maggard MR11 handle to me, so I’m guessing it’s also one of their heads. The latter come in different models and revisions, so hard to know how aggressive this particular razor is.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Right right?...agreed, but as a "collector" I thought at least one representative example of a modern interpretation. Though I have one of the new Gillette TTOs coming.
I have a stainless handle that came on my RR German 37 slant or whatever it's called, and it's just NOT TARNISHED BRASS which I like the weight of.

I also like tarnish. It kind of why I by used cars. I'm cheap, but I could theoretically afford a brand new car. But I'd feel like I had to wash it weekly. Or park far away from the front of stores so I don't get a ding. And I worked HARD for that handicapped parking permit!

So now you know why I like old razors: they look dirty even when you clean 'em, so why bother?

My advice: stick $200 into a Roth!

I have a stainless handle that came on my RR German 37 slant or whatever it's called, and it's just NOT TARNISHED BRASS which I like the weight of.

I also like tarnish. It kind of why I by used cars. I'm cheap, but I could theoretically afford a brand new car. But I'd feel like I had to wash it weekly. Or park far away from the front of stores so I don't get a ding. And I worked HARD for that handicapped parking permit!

So now you know why I like old razors: they look dirty even when you clean 'em, so why bother?

My advice: stick $200 into a Roth!
I keep mine clean. Most weren't when I found them. All are shiny newish enough for me, likely better than anything new.
20210302_202049.jpg
Screenshot_20210303-235207_Messages.jpg

That razor is named Thad, we used to pal around a lot back in the neighborhood. :)

Seriously, large handle but good looking razor. How does it shave?
It's in the mail. $8 plus shipping I couldn't pass. I'm one of those Fatboy fans, so the handle looks good to me. Likely nothing better than a Fatboy for me, but, like the women of my youth, I love em all ;)

Top Bottom