What's new

Anyone own a Vulfix-Simpsons Chubby 1 in Best?

I'm thinking of acquiring one of these.

I'd like to know how the Vulfix made brush compares to the Simpsons?

If not as good - does anyone still stock original Simpsons brushes, or have one they'd like to sell?

Thanks! :smile:

John

80 views and not one reply?

C'mon chaps, there must be at least one of you....

Last edited:
I have owned the Chubby 1 made by both brush makers. In my opinion the difference is in the grade of hair used, nothing wrong with the newer grade of hair and you might not even know it if you have not handled the older Simpson's. I think it would be really hard to find a new brush, you might have better luck with posting a WTB on BST for a used one. You will not be disappointed if you do decide to go for one made by Vulfix. Best of luck.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm thinking of acquiring one of these.

I'd like to know how the Vulfix made brush compares to the Simpsons?

If not as good - does anyone still stock original Simpsons brushes, or have one they'd like to sell?

Thanks! :smile:

John

John, the old Simpson brushes are pretty hard to find ... one may come up on the BST and will get sold quickly.

The general impression of the Vulf-simpson brushes were that, although well-made and all, they were not "the same" as old Simpsons and were basically a step down in terms of that old Simpson feel.

That said, LetterK is selling new-new Vulf-simpson brushes at WCS, and tells us that these are a marked improvement over the earlier Vulfix efforts and the brand appears to be back to its original glory. So maybe just maybe the good folks at Vulfix listened to our complaints and fixed them. Putting my money where my mouth is, I ordered a Major from WCS, so we'll see.

I would sum up my opinion as "cautious optimism." :biggrin:

I'd be pretty confident in buying a new CH1 Best. Not only has the entire lineup improved (apparently), but Vulfix did a good job of the Chubby series right from the beginning.

I also think Best is the way to go. Unless you can score one of the new 2-band Supers.

Mike

Great, thanks chaps.

One question though. I've never owned a Simpsons brush, Vulfix-made or otherwise, and I don't know much about their grades.

Is the Super that much better than their Best?

John

Don't think of the Best vs. Super thing as one is better than the other. They have different feels. Some may like a bit stiffer brush or a brush with softer tips. I have 5 Simpsons brushes and one of them is the Vulfix CH1 Super. It has very fine hair with soft tips and very dense. I also have a CH3 in Best and the hairs are thicker with a bit more scritchy feel to them, which I like. I also have a T2 2-band and it is kind of a combo of both, very soft tips but stiff bristles and good backbone.

I would say that the Vulfix Simpson hair that they use in their Best brushes is as good or almost better than the old Simpsons brushes. You won't be dissapointed.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
. Putting my money where my mouth is, I ordered a Major from WCS, so we'll see.

I would sum up my opinion as "cautious optimism." :biggrin:

My Major arrived today. It'll be a while before I get a handle on how it performs cf my old Major, but my cautious optimism continues.

Top Bottom