What's new

Anyone ordered Wizamet blades from Wizashave lately…?

Just got 1000 blades not from Wizamet but from SUPERIRIDIUM.COM sent from France. Got them here in Brazil in 2 weeks. No issues at all.

The difference I find is that my older Wizamet from a few years ago have double inner paper (one outer blue printed Wizamet and other inner blank). Now have only one white paper printed in black SUPER IRIDIUM.

And now it has TM instead of R at end of Super Iridium. Put a picture of old batch together.
The Wizamets I have which are over a year old also have the same single wrapper and the TM instead of R. My Polsilvers from 2016 have the R but I can't remember if they are double wrapped. I will have to grab a Polsilver after I toss the Nacet blade that I am using now just to double check.

Reactions: edw

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I am so glad that I made my purchase of Wizamet Super Iridium's from Wizamet's website itself. This is the reason why I am very careful about who I am buying razor blades from. Far too often counterfits are being pushed through the system, and if you are not careful, you can get screwed. I wasn't willing to take a chance on Wizashave website, so I ordered directly from the manufacture website itself. ;)

1654324671400.png

I am so glad that I made my purchase of Wizamet Super Iridium's from Wizamet's website itself. This is the reason why I am very careful about who I am buying razor blades from. Far too often counterfits are being pushed through the system, and if you are not careful, you can get screwed. I wasn't willing to take a chance on Wizashave website, so I ordered directly from the manufacture website itself. ;)

View attachment 1466679

You are right in being so careful but note that WIZAMET.COM IS NOT a web site from the manufacturer (Russian Procter & Gamble), you can be sure. Just someone registered the domain in order to make profit from it.

Nothing wrong in principle, except for tricky idea of causing this type of confusion at consumers head.

No blade manufacturer sells direct to consumers and Procter & Gamble is not an exception.

View attachment 1466679

I have not heard of anyone getting fake Wizamets from any website but Polsilver Super Iridium fakes are out there. The Wizamets that I have purchased from Wizashave are great blades and there were no issues with the transactions.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

You are right in being so careful but note that WIZAMET.COM IS NOT a web site from the manufacturer (Russian Procter & Gamble), you can be sure. Just someone registered the domain in order to make profit from it.

Nothing wrong in principle, except for tricky idea of causing this type of confusion at consumers head.

No blade manufacturer sells direct to consumers and Procter & Gamble is not an exception.

OMG, I swear that in certain ways, this hobby is really killing me. I try my best to buy straight from manufactures when I can, and if I have to buy from a retailer, I try to buy from a reputable retailer. On Amazon, they have a lot of shady sellers, maybe not as many as Ebay, but the numbers of shady sellers have been going up on Amazon, over the passing years.

I am doing my best here, but I agree, as consumers, our best is hardly good enough, if sellers are intentionally trying to fool us with an official looking domain. This is another reason why I am hoping that one day, the internet gets more regulated.

The same way the EU put into law that demands every website tell you about storing cookies on your machine, we need that level of regulation that says, hey customer, just so you know, your not buying from the manufacturer, but rather a seller or retailer, for the manufacture.

I have not heard of anyone getting fake Wizamets from any website but Polsilver Super Iridium fakes are out there. The Wizamets that I have purchased from Wizashave are great blades and there were no issues with the transactions.

Yes, in my short period of time doing research on blades to buy, I did find information on fake Polesilver's, but I also found out about the fake Personna's, and the new poor quality Astra's that are dull out of the box. Its really difficult finding good blades these days, because you don't know who to trust, who's going to screw you over, and what companies have drastically changed their blade making process to cheap out on costs, at consumers expense.

Infact, its so bad, that many reviewers have said, just buy them in your local store and you will be good. Well, wouldn't that just be wonderful, if everybody had a local store that sold DE blades? Unless Wallgreens have most recently started selling DE blades that I am not aware of, there is no local store in our area that sells DE blades. We have no local stores for wet shavers around here, and grocery stores only sell catridge razor garbage. But woman get their beauty stores! Plenty of those around here.

OMG, I swear that in certain ways, this hobby is really killing me. I try my best to buy straight from manufactures when I can, and if I have to buy from a retailer, I try to buy from a reputable retailer. On Amazon, they have a lot of shady sellers, maybe not as many as Ebay, but the numbers of shady sellers have been going up on Amazon, over the passing years.

I am doing my best here, but I agree, as consumers, our best is hardly good enough, if sellers are intentionally trying to fool us with an official looking domain. This is another reason why I am hoping that one day, the internet gets more regulated.

The same way the EU put into law that demands every website tell you about storing cookies on your machine, we need that level of regulation that says, hey customer, just so you know, your not buying from the manufacturer, but rather a seller or retailer, for the manufacture.

Yes, in my short period of time doing research on blades to buy, I did find information on fake Polesilver's, but I also found out about the fake Personna's, and the new poor quality Astra's that are dull out of the box. Its really difficult finding good blades these days, because you don't know who to trust, who's going to screw you over, and what companies have drastically changed their blade making process to cheap out on costs, at consumers expense.

Infact, its so bad, that many reviewers have said, just buy them in your local store and you will be good. Well, wouldn't that just be wonderful, if everybody had a local store that sold DE blades? Unless Wallgreens have most recently started selling DE blades that I am not aware of, there is no local store in our area that sells DE blades. We have no local stores for wet shavers around here, and grocery stores only sell catridge razor garbage. But woman get their beauty stores! Plenty of those around here.

Most of us struggle a lot finding good quality products for wet shaving in local stores. I live in Brazil and most of my stuff I must buy overseas when searching for greatest quality ones.

Luckly online commerce is strong for more than a decade, almost two. If you buy from reputable sellers there won't be problems.

According to our short experience in this forum the mentioned sources of Wizamet (Superiridium.com, Wizashave.com and Wizamet.com web sites) are selling the genuine product, nowadays market by P&G in Morocco where it is sourced by these sellers. Don't know why (Morocco and not Poland), probably there the brand is well stablished and sales are strong enough for this strategy.

I received 250 SUPER IRIDIUM blades from wizamet.com, today is the first time I use it, the sharpness and smoothness of this one is much lower than my ASTRA, I don't know why, I use it repeatedly Several times, but there will still be some residue. When I switched back to ASTRA (because the super iridium gave me some tingling) everything was great......

Attachments

• 7e3062702b67b2e1de00b9fb5dd8b89.jpg
    7e3062702b67b2e1de00b9fb5dd8b89.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 51b61a9e4ae3cbf7d9f32b97563e002.jpg
    51b61a9e4ae3cbf7d9f32b97563e002.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • bc68b3b6dae39aac3e4a71044cf5913.jpg
    bc68b3b6dae39aac3e4a71044cf5913.jpg
    950 KB · Views: 33
  • e1985a59ba8478f8f18cf425b864000.jpg
    e1985a59ba8478f8f18cf425b864000.jpg
    1,011.9 KB · Views: 31

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I received 250 SUPER IRIDIUM blades from wizamet.com, today is the first time I use it, the sharpness and smoothness of this one is much lower than my ASTRA, I don't know why, I use it repeatedly Several times, but there will still be some residue. When I switched back to ASTRA (because the super iridium gave me some tingling) everything was great......

Sorry to hear that your experience with these blades were sub-par. As we all know, both the razor blades themselves, and the razors that they are used in, greatly effect the outcome, bringing the term "YMMV" to fruition.

I'd like to ask the exact date that you ordered these blades, and the exact date that the blades came to your door? I ordered my blades on Friday, and I haven't received them yet. So I just went to the site to lookup my order, and can you believe it, its still in a "PROCESSING" state!

I'm thinking about filling out the contact us form on their website to inquire into this, because this is ridiculous. If I don't receive an acceptable outcome out of this expensive order, I will be getting Paypal involved, I can guarantee that.

I asked wizashave.com on Sunday for a free sample, apparently they shipped out not one tuck but 10 blades free on Monday. I hope your order is dealt with successfully!
Wizashave has been a reliable business to me. For Conus orders they have someone in New York who ships them out and the delivery time is pretty quick usually. I remember reading last year sometime that the New York stock ran out and there was a delay for a couple of weeks. I figure during the pandemic who hasn't experienced supply chain issues? No fun when it happens to you though.

I ordered 100 SI blades from wizashave on June 4. They are now on their way in the hands of the US post office. Should be here on Thursday the 9th. Will report back on the quality after they arrive.

Important question: Have you ever shaved with Super Iridium before ?

Blades is always YMMV thing.

Try another razor anyway.

What did you think of them? I can also send you a couple to even it out🤩.
Thanks, but I'll have to decline the kind offer. I mostly bought them just out of curiosity after reading the glowing reviews. I don't see myself buying them regularly over some of the cheaper and more readily available options (unless they really blow me away). Haven't tried them yet, but if they're anything like the other PPI blades I'll probably like them. I will try them after I get more comfortable with my razors and other blades first before trying this one.

Important question: Have you ever shaved with Super Iridium before ?

Blades is always YMMV thing.

Try another razor anyway.
I've never used Super Iridium before, I've only used muhle, astra, and feather. Luckily I tried the new super iridium today and it made me feel a lot better than before, I think it might be a very low probability that I used a defective product,I don't know if it's lucky or unfortunate lol

Sorry to hear that your experience with these blades were sub-par. As we all know, both the razor blades themselves, and the razors that they are used in, greatly effect the outcome, bringing the term "YMMV" to fruition.

I'd like to ask the exact date that you ordered these blades, and the exact date that the blades came to your door? I ordered my blades on Friday, and I haven't received them yet. So I just went to the site to lookup my order, and can you believe it, its still in a "PROCESSING" state!

I'm thinking about filling out the contact us form on their website to inquire into this, because this is ridiculous. If I don't receive an acceptable outcome out of this expensive order, I will be getting Paypal involved, I can guarantee that.
I bought it at the end of May, and it was delivered to Australia from France in about two weeks, very fast. I tried a new super iridium again today and it feels great lol,Maybe the first time I used it, it happened to be defective:c16:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I bought it at the end of May, and it was delivered to Australia from France in about two weeks, very fast. I tried a new super iridium again today and it feels great lol,Maybe the first time I used it, it happened to be defective:c16:

Thank you so much for restoring my faith in not only the company, but also the blades! You have some impressive skill there. I actually forgot that the site said they were based in France. My order is still in a "PROCESSING" state. But they just might be slow at processing is all. I live in America, so I would expect probably the same time frame. Hopefully I receive a shipping notification soon.

In my research about blades, it seems to be somewhat common that in a pack of blades, your going to eventually run into a defective one. But if and when we do, its understandable, how a defective blade, can make us think that all of them are bad. Its like, choose your representative. Well certainly not that blade, its defective, makes us all look bad lol! Thanks again, your amazing new member!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Alright folks, quick update. Do not buy from Wizamet.com! My order was stuck in a processing state for an entire week, it was never shipped out, absolutely ridiculous! Then I contacted the seller via the contact us link on their website on Wednesday, and here we are Friday, never heard back. So, I did infact in the end, had to get Paypal involved. Good news is, Paypal's resolution center appears to be automated, after all the details I provided, as well as a screenshot, Paypal immediately refunded me for the order I made.

So I repeat, DO NOT order from "Wizamet.com"

Hopefully Wizashave will be better, but I have a distinct feeling I should just order from Super Iridium directly. I hear that Wizamet blades are just re-branded Super Irridums anyways.

Top Bottom