What's new

Anyone ordered Gillette Super Blue blades from Aliexpress?

Anyone ordered Gillette Super Blue blades from Aliexpress? Or some other source of these blades?

Which vendor ?

I got some fine blades from Aliexpress but I am afraid of get fake Gillettes, because these are not inexpensive. Most feedbacks there are positive but in everyone someone says the blades are too dull and / or harsh / unusable. Those vendors appears to be "specialized" in counterfeits of Mach 3 and Fusion cartdriges, so no surprise if all DE blades were fake albeit expensive.

I live in Brazil so I must order from a site like aliexpress with "free" or cheap shipping rates.

The Super Blues aren't all that great. My suggestion is buy from a vendor you can trust that is dedicated to shaving supplies. For instance, there's a Swedish vendor with a big blade selection that gives free shipping if you buy 100 or more blades. It's razorbladesclub dot com. I've used them a few times and no problems.

Reactions: edw
The Super Blues aren't all that great. My suggestion is buy from a vendor you can trust that is dedicated to shaving supplies. For instance, there's a Swedish vendor with a big blade selection that gives free shipping if you buy 100 or more blades. It's razorbladesclub dot com. I've used them a few times and no problems.

I find Super Blues really sharp and smooth. I would compare them to some of my favourite NOS Gillette blades. It's interesting how experiences can differ. I don't find Bic Platinum Chrome blades all that sharp even though a test made using equipment that can measure sharpness of a blade reported that they are overall sharper than a Feather.

Anyone ordered Gillette Super Blue blades from Aliexpress? Or some other source of these blades?

Which vendor ?

I got some fine blades from Aliexpress but I am afraid of get fake Gillettes, because these are not inexpensive. Most feedbacks there are positive but in everyone someone says the blades are too dull and / or harsh / unusable. Those vendors appears to be "specialized" in counterfeits of Mach 3 and Fusion cartdriges, so no surprise if all DE blades were fake albeit expensive.

I live in Brazil so I must order from a site like aliexpress with "free" or cheap shipping rates.
Do they still make the Gillette Platinum Plus for and in the Brazil market? If so get those blades. They are probably my favorite. MUCH better than the Super Blues. Actually my favorite blade, but they are becoming unobtainium in the U.S.

I find Super Blues really sharp and smooth. I would compare them to some of my favourite NOS Gillette blades. It's interesting how experiences can differ. I don't find Bic Platinum Chrome blades all that sharp even though a test made using equipment that can measure sharpness of a blade reported that they are overall sharper than a Feather.
Are we talking about the Shanghai made Super Blues? There are some other Gillette Blue blades with similar names. Anyway, for those that want to try them, the real Chinese Super Blues are now on the Razor Blades Club website and so there's no need to risk buying from Ali Express. Who knows what you will get there.

I did sample the modern Shanghai made London Bridge blades and those were quite good, IMO.

Do they still make the Gillette Platinum Plus for and in the Brazil market? If so get those blades. They are probably my favorite. MUCH better than the Super Blues. Actually my favorite blade, but they are becoming unobtainium in the U.S.
No they don't make Platinum blades here for a long time. Gillette only makes Wilkinson Sword blades for Brazilian market. I have some Gillette Azul Aço Inox with me but they aren't manufactured anymore for some years.

No they don't make Platinum blades here for a long time. Gillette only makes Wilkinson Sword blades for Brazilian market. I have some Gillette Azul Aço Inox with me but they aren't manufactured anymore for some years.
So those Brazilian Wilkinson sword blades are still made? If so those are easily some of the best blades currently manufactured and yet it’s borderline impossible to find them!

I wouldn't trust AliExpress with an order and my personal info, even if it was Free items.

Ebay, Amazon Brazil or an online shave vendor with global shipping is your best option.

So those Brazilian Wilkinson sword blades are still made? If so those are easily some of the best blades currently manufactured and yet it’s borderline impossible to find them!
Yes you can find them and BIC anywhere here in Brazil.
I enjoy Brazilian Wilkinson by PG but not so much. They are not cheap (if bought at drugstore or grocery store it is US$ 1 for a box of 3; a little less online in packs of 30) and are middle of the road in terms of sharpness and comfort. Of course it is possible to get good shaves from them if paired with right razor.

I think they are far behind the Russian blades and not better than Indian ones. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom