What's new

Anyone notice Proraso red drying on your face?

I normally shave with the PRORASO red shaving foam but sometimes I also use the cream ( brushless of course) and it works like a charm.No drying issues at all.It works much better than using it with a brush though ,much slicker and protective.

I used Proraso Red for the first time this morning and didn't have that issue. My only problem was I didn't load enough soap on my boar brush.

Try fill the puck with warm water for 5 minutes.

First time use the red is harder than the other Proraso soaps.

Then your brush will be loaded like a charm.

Sometimes I have problems with it drying out, but I think that's due to my not getting the lather right (usually not enough water or product) rather than something inherent in the cream. I used the Red this past winter and spring and enjoyed it. This coming winter...the Blue.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I noticed a little drying with Proraso green, I have to add a little more water every once and while to lathering's and when done I Go to my trusty Nivea for the grand Finale to end the shave session when using Proraso green to stop the slight dryness.

I have been using a Red tub and find that it is not as good as the others I have. My though is that this one and another green cream I bought at TJ Max are too old and have been exposed to significant swings in temperature....these are dryer than usual and the lather is mediocre at best. I like to face lather but w these I am doing it in the bowl and with more water...... Will NOT buy it on sale again.....rather spend a bit more and get it from a decent shaving store. Bet you Proraso makes a LOT of soaps and then these stay at stores for too long and hence the soap degrades.....or just gets hard

Soaps and creams can all be drying, some worse than others, if not lathered properly. The Red has Shea Butter and is the most moisturizing and creamy compared to the Green,White and Blue. It sounds like you don't have enough product. I've found that both excessively dry and wet lather can be a nuisance. Are you using the cream or the soap?

Soap, it was bough at Marshalls..... I got a green cream and this. Both are dry and defective....wonder how old these are. Will never buy from them again. The cream I must place a dab in a bowl, put water then go show to let it hydrate and then be usable (has lots of white chalk like residue). The red soap is yellow, have loaded with badger and synthetic and both time produced a mediocre lather and not enough.....(not sure if I will use again, maybe use a good cream under it and save it super lather style????? Check the yellow dry stuff in pic.....green is OK.
IMG_1064.jpg

Soap, it was bough at Marshalls..... I got a green cream and this. Both are dry and defective....wonder how old these are. Will never buy from them again. The cream I must place a dab in a bowl, put water then go show to let it hydrate and then be usable (has lots of white chalk like residue). The red soap is yellow, have loaded with badger and synthetic and both time produced a mediocre lather and not enough.....(not sure if I will use again, maybe use a good cream under it and save it super lather style????? Check the yellow dry stuff in pic.....green is OK.View attachment 1009437

The red always has a brownish color to it from the Sandalwood Oil I believe. The longer I go without using mine the more brown it gets and the oil separates. Trying loading it with a brush not loaded with water. A soaked and gently squeezed out brush with roughly 20 seconds of loading is plenty to get a rich creamy lather.

The red always has a brownish color to it from the Sandalwood Oil I believe. The longer I go without using mine the more brown it gets and the oil separates. Trying loading it with a brush not loaded with water. A soaked and gently squeezed out brush with roughly 20 seconds of loading is plenty to get a rich creamy lather.
Thanks for the information and tip. Used it today and was better.

Top Bottom