What's new

Anyone measure the blade gap on a 3one6?

Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 Stainless Steel Red (or whatever colour) DE Safety Razor.

59g. Many users wouldn't even know a part of it is aluminum. The tube on the handle is aluminium, with the neck and the bottom of the handle stainless steel. This is said in a fine print much further and the fine print is 3.5 standard pages long.

Interesting?

Actually I did not know that they made the 3ONE6 razor in anything other than stainless steel?

One would naturally assume a razor with an aluminum handle would be lighter and more top heavy.

If I am understanding you correctly, the way they are presenting this particular variation, they are not making it clear that part of the handle is made from aluminum?

Your post makes much more sense when viewed with this additional information!

Thanks for the clarification.

Interesting?

Actually I did not know that they made the 3ONE6 razor in anything other than stainless steel?

One would naturally assume a razor with an aluminum handle would be lighter and more top heavy
If I am understanding you correctly, the way they are presenting this particular variation, they are not making it clear that part of the handle is made from aluminum?
Exactly. My guess is this is intentional. Some users would probably be put off by the fact that a part of the razor is aluminium. That is why they don't mention it in the first sentences highlighting the main points of the razor, but in the lower text, which is pretty long.

I definitely prefer lighter razors, and the light 59g version is perfect for me. Would't buy the Knurled all super stainless version, as I have already seen 3 of them with unglued handles on the internet.

I definitely prefer lighter razors, and the light 59g version is perfect for me. Would't buy the Knurled all super stainless version, as I have already seen 3 of them with unglued handles on the internet.

Medium weight razors are fine with me. As it happens, all of my razors have either long handles or short handles. I would probably choose one that is in the middle.

I have the R94 SS Rocca. It is about 4oz. as compared to the lighter weight 3ONE6 at a 3oz.

I shave with the heads on the different handles. Doesn't matter that much to me. On the heavier handles, I hold the razor further down the handle, so as to give some of the balanced weight to the head.

Don't see any design purpose to having a lot of the razors weight shifted further down the handle?

Medium weight razors are fine with me. As it happens, all of my razors have either long handles or short handles. I would probably choose one that is in the middle.

I have the R94 SS Rocca. It is about 4oz. as compared to the lighter weight 3ONE6 at a 3oz.

I shave with the heads on the different handles. Doesn't matter that much to me. On the heavier handles, I hold the razor further down the handle, so as to give some of the balanced weight to the head.

Don't see any design purpose to having a lot of the razors weight shifted further down the handle?
You sure your R94 is 4 oz. (=113g)? I used my electronic scales yesterday and mine is 95 g.

I had just done a quick search.

The Grooming Bar web site lists it as:

SPECIFICATIONS:
Head Material:
Stainless Steel
Handle Material: Stainless Steel

Head Type: Closed Comb
Razor Type: Three-Piece
Aggressiveness: Mild-Medium
Weight: 120 grams / 4.23 ounces
Length: 105mm / 4.13 inches
Origin: Stutzengrun, Germany

That was not the site in my original search but the same info? Forgot which site that was.

Grown Man Shave lists it the same:

SPECIFICATIONS:

Head Material:
Stainless Steel

The English Shaving Company shows:

The handle is 95mm in length and 14mm in diameter. The weight at 80g is not too heavy, not too light -- just right. It is very easy to use and feel the 'bite.' This razor will provide a close shave and will arguably perform in two passes what many need three to achieve.

Kosmosman lists it at 95g. Can't copy/paste from their site?

My guess is your weight is more like the correct weight. When comparing to my other razors, it doesn't feel like 4oz.

I don't have a scale.

I had just done a quick search.

The Grooming Bar web site lists it as:

SPECIFICATIONS:
Head Material:
Stainless Steel

That was not the site in my original search but the same info? Forgot which site that was.

Grown Man Shave lists it the same:

SPECIFICATIONS:

Head Material:
Stainless Steel

The English Shaving Company shows:

The handle is 95mm in length and 14mm in diameter. The weight at 80g is not too heavy, not too light -- just right. It is very easy to use and feel the 'bite.' This razor will provide a close shave and will arguably perform in two passes what many need three to achieve.

Kosmosman lists it at 95g. Can't copy/paste from their site?

My guess is your weight is more like the correct weight. When comparing to my other razors, it doesn't feel like 4oz.

I don't have a scale.
My weight is not "more like the correct weight". It is the correct weight because that's what my scales told me yesterday - 95g without a blade. Many online shops often show incorrect weight for razors.

Both measurements are done with a Minora Stainless blade made by PPI.

An important data point IMHO because the blades themselves can vary in thickness and other dimensions enough to cause the feeler gauges to read differently with the same user and razor head.

Many online shops often show incorrect weight for razors.

One has to rely on published information of online shops, when the manufacturer declines to publish the specifications on their site.

Muhleshaving.com

Other sites either do not provide details or consider information like this as "details".

Head Material: Stainless Steel
Model: R94
Head Type: Closed comb edge
Length:
Handle Material:
Stainless Steel
Made in: Germany

Still, other shaving sites list the weight at 80g.

The satin or slightly matte finish not only feels good in your hand, but is also pleasing to the eye and creates an elegant effect.

• Satin Matte safety razor head and handle
  • Closed comb head-3 piece design
  • Razor weight: 80g-2.8oz
  • Length: 105mm-4.13in
  • Stainless steel safety razor with classic blade
Made in Germany

SHAVE NATION ITEM NUMBER: SN2234

It appears the quite a few sites list the product number as a R94 and show a photo of the stainless steel model and list the weight as 80g. It seems like this might be the correct weight for one of the lighter models with the black plastic or the birch handle.

Again, I would have no way of knowing or confirming that.

The MUHLE ROCCA R94 is very stylish and innovative stainless steel razor. The unique design and premium quality materials used in this razor produce a stunning all round result. The stainless steel of the R94 is complimented by a honeycomb matte steel handle for a sleek modern look. These razors are durable and are designed to last.

• Weight 80g
  • Dimensions 41 mm x 105 mm
  • Muhle R94 Rocca made in Germany
As a matter of fact, of the entire page of Google search engine results, for: rocca r94 razor weight, only that one site, kosmosman, has 95g listed for the weight.

My weight is not "more like the correct weight". It is the correct weight because that's what my scales told me yesterday - 95g without a blade.

I find this comment interesting, as well as your need to post it.

Considering that I posted:

"My guess is your weight is more like the correct weight. When comparing to my other razors, it doesn't feel like 4oz."

Which is basically me agreeing with your conclusion. With me further stating that "I don't have a scale".

In effect, that is me taking your word (and the accuracy of your scale), over the published online specifications, as I am reading them.

Top Bottom