What's new

Anyone like the Personna Twin Pivot Plus?

I noticed that I can get a ton of these Personna cartridges for very cheap compared to the Gillette Trac II.

Does anyone actually like shaving with these? Should I also consider the Dorcos from Family Dollar or maybe the Humble Twin from DSC?

Never shaved with them so I can't answer for that but I'm pretty sure the family dollar cart and the DSC Humble twin are the same just rebranded.

I saw these to, I used an Atra fro 1977, my mom gave it to me on my 15th birthday. That was my primary razor for a couple a three years. I liked the results from that razor until I switched to the DE razor.

I used Trac II and compatibles for over 35 years. I refused Gillette's "improved" shaving systems after an underwhelming experience with Atra, the Trac II successor.
I found it a chore to get refills at the store so I stretched the cartridges for a long time. Even fresh, they never gave me a BBS, not even when revisiting one after months with DE. All those decades I assumed that leftover stubble was part of the shave.
If you must use cartridges for some reason, I would still say they are a decent value for that category.

I noticed the Personna Twin Pivot Plus work better when you scrape off the Lube strip. I feel like it gets in the way of blade exposure, and when you remove the strip, it's easier to fiddle around with the angle. The Trac II handle feels like it's in-between a DE and Cartridge.

Anyone else feel the same?

I've used the personna blades in my Trac II for a number of years. Gillette has moved production to China, South Korea, and now Poland. The quality of these blades are down, but not the price. Personna is American made, good quality, CCS, and a bargain. Cheaper than a Gillette disposable.

Personna, Wilkinson, and Schick are the same company. Most Equate razors are Personna.

Last edited:
I’ve used the personna twins. The shave is nice and comfortable, but the lube trips were really annoying. To me they felt and looked slimy. I’ve found that the Dollard General twin blades fit the Trac II perfectly and give be a close comfortable shave. Around me they run abut $1.65 for 10.

I've used the personna blades in my Trac II for a number of years. Gillette has moved production to China, South Korea, and now Poland. The quality of these blades are down, but not the price. Personna is American made, good quality, CCS, and a bargain. Cheaper than a Gillette disposable.

Personna, Wilkinson, and Schick are the same company. Most Equate razors are Personna.
Not all Personna twin carts are made in the USA. They are also made in Israel.

The USA made twin carts are a bargain and they are very consistent from cart to cart for their price. They cut much closer then the dorco/DSC twins but they are much less forgiving. I used to use them on my headblade when I shaved my head and used a head blade. The lube strip is very gooey the first use or two, you can pull the razor off your skin mid stroke and you will have a line of goo that comes with it. Fortunately this is gone by the time you finish your first shave and the strip works fine from there. They clog very easily because the rear of the cart is closed and has no way to naturally "drain". They fit the dorco/DSC handles but are very stiff (good or bad thing). If you want to control angle then use the dorco/DSC handle, or the trac ii model of blade, if you want it to pivot then simply use an atra, vector, or atra knockoff handle.

All in all they are fantastic carts that equal about the same per cart as Astra SP per blade, they just have their quirks and make take a few shaves to get comfortable with. They are so cheap you might as well try them and even if you don't like them you still have a stash of "emergency carts" laying around.

Top Bottom