What's new

Anyone know where they sell Knize Ten?

Come on now! Obsessed is our buddy--we should tell him the truth. Everybody loves Knize Ten right from the start. The best thing to do is to immediately buy the 30oz bottle from Colonial Drug. If for some reason it doesn't agree with you, I'd be happy to hold it for you until you change your mind.

Thanks - I feel a lot better knowing you guys have my back. :tongue:

Actually, The Nid Hog really did have my back; Colonial Drug does carry Knize Ten, and they are sending me a sample. Of course, I'll report back on my experience. Thanks for the tip.

Glad they have some. Rumor has it that they give a B&B discount on shipping--forgot to try it myself. They also send some really crazy samples with their orders.

So, Knize Ten.

I got my sample from Colonial Drug today. When I first opened the vial and took a sniff, I thought it was wretchedly, putridly vile, in an aggressive, in-your-face, f-you sort of way. Despite that, I put some on my arms to see what would happen. Well, I can tell you that it changes dramatically as it dries, and that I actually kind of like it. (I'm not really good at describing scents, and this one is hard to pin down in any event, I think, so I won't attempt to describe the "notes.") However, while I think it's a nice-smelling fragrance, I don't think it's something I'd wear. There's something about the smell that I associate with gentlemen who are quite a bit older than I am (although I would not say it smells like "old men"). Who knows, maybe an older relative or friend of my parents or grandparents wore it. In short, I like it, but I just don't think it's "me."

<There's something about the smell that I associate with gentlemen who are quite a bit older than I am (although I would not say it smells like "old men"). Who knows, maybe an older relative or friend of my parents or grandparents wore it.>

Hmmm. Had forgotten about that possibility. No one I knew growing up wore it, and it is hard for me to imagine for some reason anyone in parents generation wearing it, but I have heard before of folks of that generation wearing it every day.

<in an aggressive, in-your-face, f-you sort of way>

That is how I think of K 10, even after some time on the skin and on dry down! I always think in terms of some hard business guy wearing it. Maybe putting it on before a long day of laying people off or doing some corporate takeovers.

But for that first element, I would say that you that you probably have not fooled around with it enough yet to know what your long-term impression of it would be. But I am not sure your description of your associations with the scent does not put me off as to it!

Oh well. At least you know what it smells like now!

So, Knize Ten.

wretchedly, putridly vile, in an aggressive, in-your-face, f-you sort of way. Despite that, I put some on my arms to see what would happen. Well, I can tell you that it changes dramatically as it dries, and that I actually kind of like it. (I'm not really good at describing scents, and this one is hard to pin down in any event, I think, so I won't attempt to describe the "notes.")

I liked the opening, and after about 10 hours the slightly musky sweet vanilla that emerged. But those 10 hours inbetween application and drydown? Horror. Sheer horror.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
He sounds suspiciously like the Dos Equis guy.

The Dos Equis guy wants everyone to know that he's really good friends with the K-10 Man.

The K-10 man toleratest he Dos Equis guy because he sort of feels sorry for him.

I agree. Initially, I was non-plussed with it. Now I have to resist the urge to over apply.

I love this forum and this thread! I knwo exactly what you mean.

K 10 is one of the few scents that I tend to think of as a separate, living entity. Pen's BB is slightly that way, as is 88, but neither seem so fully formed to me as a being! One that has absolutely no care for what one--anyone--thinks, to the extent it has even an awareness that there are others out there than might have thoughts.

K 10 is one of the few scents that I tend to think of as a separate, living entity. Pen's BB is slightly that way, as is 88, but neither seem so fully formed to me as a being! One that has absolutely no care for what one--anyone--thinks, to the extent it has even an awareness that there are others out there than might have thoughts.

It's starting to sound a bit like the monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey . . .

It is a remarkable scent. I've looked at the breakdown of notes....and I cannot identify many of them. Blended together, its a scent symphony.
Another great blend is Jean Patou Pour Homme. Unfortunately, its rare. I have maybe 15ml....its my "special occasion scent".

Top Bottom