What's new

Anyone Know What This Is?

Welcome to the club! To bad you had to pay 10 times more than I did. Lol

If I would have seen that last night, I would have made the 3 hour drive up I-44 in 7 minutes.:001_302:

All kidding aside, congrats that was a great find and a great story.

Take your time on how you're going to clean it, I made mine shine the day after I found it and some days I regret it.

Thanks so much, it is confirmed.... I did a not so characteristic thing.... I found it on Facebook Marketplace at 7:30pm, somehow it was only 7 miles away, but in a not so nice part of St. Louis. The seller notified me that it would be sitting on her front porch for pickup and to put the money in her mail slot. I could pick it up tonight or tomorrow morning. This was about 7:45, as I was laying my 3 year old down for bed. While we were reading books, the seller notified me that another person wanted it and that it was first come first serve!!!!! The kiddo miraculously fell asleep at 8pm on the dot, then I took an Ice Cream order from Iryna and I shot out of the door, accompanied by my trusty Beretta 92. Luckily I was was there in about 8 minutes, literally moments before the other guy!!!! He walked up the steps as I was walking down, we laughed about it and both quickly exited the neighborhood, because it is seriously not safe after dark(like don’t stop at stoplights or stop signs unsafe). This was at 8:15, an entire 45 minutes after discovery! RAD makes you do some stupid stuff lol. This razor is my white whale and it is in great condition spare one slightly bent tooth. I’ll take pictures in the morning!

Congratulations! You got a killer razor and a great story!! :a29:

Thanks so much, it is confirmed.... I did a not so characteristic thing.... I found it on Facebook Marketplace at 7:30pm, somehow it was only 7 miles away, but in a not so nice part of St. Louis. The seller notified me that it would be sitting on her front porch for pickup and to put the money in her mail slot. I could pick it up tonight or tomorrow morning. This was about 7:45, as I was laying my 3 year old down for bed. While we were reading books, the seller notified me that another person wanted it and that it was first come first serve!!!!! The kiddo miraculously fell asleep at 8pm on the dot, then I took an Ice Cream order from Iryna and I shot out of the door, accompanied by my trusty Beretta 92. Luckily I was was there in about 8 minutes, literally moments before the other guy!!!! He walked up the steps as I was walking down, we laughed about it and both quickly exited the neighborhood, because it is seriously not safe after dark(like don’t stop at stoplights or stop signs unsafe). This was at 8:15, an entire 45 minutes after discovery! RAD makes you do some stupid stuff lol. This razor is my white whale and it is in great condition spare one slightly bent tooth. I’ll take pictures in the morning!

Congratulations! You got a killer razor and a great story!! :a29:

Photos or it didn’t happen!

it was late last night and I didn’t take the time to look, but the serial number was on there, 82232. So, it’s a 1905, not the oldest, but still 115 years old.

It was sold by Simmons Hardware, St.Louis, the tag is in one of the pictures. So, it’s always been in St. Louis, since 1905, very cool to know.

Overall it’s in great condition, I couldn’t be happier!

613F90C7-CBEC-4869-B596-2D20B9A12864.jpeg
1A2D16A1-F42C-421E-AFBF-800842C02185.jpeg
1FFCA8C8-0249-454B-8C72-E1516B2D7395.jpeg
140912C3-5161-46B2-981E-E857E6E0E181.jpeg
2B89F1FC-8C07-40D7-94D8-77743BD101D9.jpeg
FB2F7531-81AE-43B7-8649-0282BDE81C76.jpeg
6F94ECEF-64B4-4382-B1C0-B0F6AE857442.jpeg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Congrats. And great shots, Adam.
Thanks, Jim.
Photos or it didn’t happen!

it was late last night and I didn’t take the time to look, but the serial number was on there, 82232. So, it’s a 1905, not the oldest, but still 115 years old.

It was sold by Simmons Hardware, St.Louis, the tag is in one of the pictures. So, it’s always been in St. Louis, since 1905, very cool to know.

Overall it’s in great condition, I couldn’t be happier!

View attachment 1160814View attachment 1160815View attachment 1160816View attachment 1160817View attachment 1160818View attachment 1160819View attachment 1160820

I was so excited, I decided to shave with mine! Only my 3rd time to do so. And I must say, it kicks serious butt for me with a GSB. Very big congrats again! Awesome pictures, Matt!

After much thought, I meant to reply:
OH, YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE HECK THAT IS!!!!!!😂
Yeah.... I know, but I thought the click bait or the new people would be too much to resist. If you've been around a while, you know I buy way too many razors and know exactly what they look like lol..... RAD, its a hell of a drug...

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Yeah.... I know, but I thought the click bait or the new people would be too much to resist. If you've been around a while, you know I buy way too many razors and know exactly what they look like lol..... RAD, its a hell of a drug...
Absolutely. Glad you went for it. I think a DR may satisfy the RAD gods for a bit.

What a superb score and scary history, Matt, well done!!! Early bird gets the worm!!

This thread is what B&B is all about! Everyone collectively cheering for someone that got lucky beyond measure, reminiscing about their past scores, encouraging those who are still in the hunt, and jeering and joking along the way. You all are t he reason B&B is great!

Thanks my friends!

Here she is, ready for the shave tonight! I left the patina, only scrubbed her down with a toothbrush, straw brush, and dove dish soap. The patina May have lightened up a little bit, but I’m sure it’ll darken up a bit more, with use.

I’m expecting a Single Ring style shave, I can’t imagine it is much different.
20CCD8E6-8B01-4462-A982-BE201B73CFFB.jpeg
E96DE3F9-E50D-43CA-BD57-9B52D6E0AE18.jpeg
82E0E725-5835-4B7A-AFF3-16C018B0E2AA.jpeg

Top Bottom