What's new

Anyone know this Edwin Jagger 3 piece & is it any good?

So, last Christmas season, I worked for a company Uncommon Goods in Brooklyn.
Two nice perks, 40% discount off for a year for former employees & a $25 gc as a gift
I saw that they have 6 of these in stock, and still do a year later.
With other things going on, I forgot about all of this.
Now thinking I should get it, knowing Edwin Jagger makes great razors. Just don't want to get it, not like it & leave it sitting around or trying to resell it.
The link to it is here...does anyone recognize it & maybe have a review on the razor? Thanks in advance.

Double-Edge Safety Razor and Stand | Men's Grooming Gifts

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

That’s the EJ89 and it’s an excellent razor. It gives smooth and comfortable shaves for many of us. I have one and love it.

You can certainly find it at a much lower price, but the discount you have brings it down to an attractive price.

That’s the EJ89 and it’s an excellent razor. It gives smooth and comfortable shaves for many of us. I have one and love it.

You can certainly find it at a much lower price, but the discount you have brings it down to an attractive price.

+1! This is an excellent razor in the mild/moderate range! :a14::a14:

Thanks guys...I know it's overpriced, but with the discount & gc, will only cost me under $20 with shipping. Think I'll get it...[emoji16]

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

It's a razor that is often chosen by those new to wet shaving because it's fairly mild and won't tear you up too bad. It's make from a material called Zamak so it's not a forever razor but you should get around three years of daily use from it. The company is very good about warranting the razors during this time frame so you can certainly buy it without any worries.

The razor can usually be had in the $25 to $30 range (without a stand) so the price you can get it for with a stand is very good. It would be a nice pick up for you and it's an excellent choice to get you started.

Last edited:
That's what I would call a mild benchmark razor. I personally like sharp blades in my DE89 to help enhance the efficiency. If it shaves too mild for you, look into different ways to shim. I know it's a mild razor, but still one of my favorites in my den.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I use a Jagger DE3D14 (same head, different handle) for most of my shaves, and it's been my primary razor for maybe 5 or 6 years now. While I have used other razors along the way, and haven't shaved every day, I'd say it's done over 1000 shaves, and whilst there is signs of use, it still works great.

I have that same model (minus the stand), and I agree with everyone above that it is an excellent razor. Mine is my second as the first had the threads on the cap corrode after several years of daily use. I bought a replacement before learning that the manufacturer was providing free replacement caps for that specific problem. While I now prefer more efficient razors, I could easily go back to using a DE89 every day.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom