What's new

Anyone know anything about a thäter 4125 boar brush?

Hello gents. Just was curious if anyone might know a little more about a thäter 4125 boar brush. (black resin octagon handle, not the honeycomb handle) it’s normally $90 but it’s on clearance right now For $55 on bullgoose. It does say something about a common glue bump? Which, I have no idea if that’s a quality control issue or what exactly. I went ahead and took a gamble on it because I love the handle design and it does appear to be of quality. Of course ymmv, but any input on performance, experience with that specific brush or maybe some input with the company reputation would be amazing. I just wanna know what to expect when I open the mail in a few days. 🤞🏻👍🏻

5EAB5878-6474-4489-8351-C4112BE63E51.png
A16204FF-B332-4595-BEA1-C1C2DAF76F2B.png

Lol crickets... I’ll post an update eventually. Let you guys know if it looks good from the box, and an update once it’s broken in. Meh, worst case scenario the damn thing falls apart. I’m not gonna bother shipping it to Germany if that happens. I’ll probably just take the handle and get it knotted to something different assuming I like the handle. (Good chance I’ll like the handle at the very very least. It is gorgeous imo)

Lol crickets... I’ll post an update eventually. Let you guys know if it looks good from the box, and an update once it’s broken in. Meh, worst case scenario the damn thing falls apart. I’m not gonna bother shipping it to Germany if that happens. I’ll probably just take the handle and get it knotted to something different assuming I like the handle. (Good chance I’ll like the handle at the very very least. It is gorgeous imo)
That's the spirit! :thumbup:

Please let us know how it performs. Pictures and review would be awesome.

Alright gents. I received my thäter 4125 boar brush today. Upon inspection everything looks pretty good. The knot seems to be glued in perfectly. The glue isn’t visible which is a good thing because my OCD would be all over the place. The hairs are pretty darn soft. I did get a Semogue SOC with a Taj handle in today, as well. Admittedly, They feel almost identical. The thäter Loft is just a little taller but the handle is a little shorter in comparison to the SOC. Obviously neither has been broke in or used yet. I’ll update in 3 days after I do the cold water in the fridge trick with some towel agitation every 24 hours.

Top Bottom