What's new

Anyone know anything about a thäter 4125 boar brush?

I will also say considering that Stirling boar is just $10, that brush is the boar brush deal of the century. So in my honest opinion go with the Stirling. If you want to get fancy (for a boar brush) pony up and get a Semogue SOC in either Taj or Cherry Wood. I Can’t recommend those two brushes enough. I hope my results help somebody on the fence when it comes to which boar brush to purchase!
This. Stirling boar is an excellent brush for the value. I've enjoyed my fairly well.

...my SOC Taj. I absolutely adore that brush. It seems like the perfect one for me
Give the SOC 20 or 30 lathers and it will continue to improve. Don't expect perfection right out of the gate, though. If you soak it for at least 10 minutes, load it fairly wet, and load it heavy, you should not get the "lather eating" problem.

The Zenith aluminum boar B03-A26 has plenty of backbone, BTW, @zoidberg . It is a 26mm knot with 57mm loft. Some of the larger Zenith bleached boars can be floppy with 64mm loft, but this one is not.

Give the SOC 20 or 30 lathers and it will continue to improve. Don't expect perfection right out of the gate, though. If you soak it for at least 10 minutes, load it fairly wet, and load it heavy, you should not get the "lather eating" problem.

The Zenith aluminum boar B03-A26 has plenty of backbone, BTW, @zoidberg . It is a 26mm knot with 57mm loft. Some of the larger Zenith bleached boars can be floppy with 64mm loft, but this one is not.
I’ve been looking into the whipped dog silver tip/high mountain brushes. Do you have any experience with them?

The one I have, B07 I think has a 24mm knot, with a 57mm loft and it's not actually that floppy but it's a brush I struggled with as it would eat lather like no other brush. The face feel was truly exceptional though.

Good to hear your one is a good brush though.

The thing with boar brushes is they do vary from one brush to another, I imagine not every bleached Zenith is like mine. I had 2 exact same models of Omega 80265 and they were almost complete polar opposites from each other.

However, the variable nature of boar brushes (well the ones I have owned) is why I enjoy using them so much.

The one I have, B07 I think has a 24mm knot, with a 57mm loft and it's not actually that floppy but it's a brush I struggled with as it would eat lather like no other brush. The face feel was truly exceptional though.

Good to hear your one is a good brush though.

The thing with boar brushes is they do vary from one brush to another, I imagine not every bleached Zenith is like mine. I had 2 exact same models of Omega 80265 and they were almost complete polar opposites from each other.

However, the variable nature of boar brushes (well the ones I have owned) is why I enjoy using them so much.
I actually prefer the splay from a good boar brush. It feels amazing with super hot lather. My Silvertip badger has been chillin on her chrome stand. She’s lasted me 5 years until I got another brush. (She popped my cherry) So she’s basically a wartime vet at this point 😂

Shave of the day, gents. Time to test this SOC and Fat Boy out!
B6936E87-69EC-4E6A-89B6-49E68EC33D9A.jpeg

Last edited:
Geez. That was the single greatest shave of my life gents. And, it’s not a placebo effect. Notch 5 seems to be just right on the fat boy. The SOC splays and lathers like a dream. That scuttle is second to none when it comes to hot lather. Frost drops keep my skin minty fresh. That was an experience to remember.

Geez. That was the single greatest shave of my life gents. And, it’s not a placebo effect. Notch 5 seems to be just right on the fat boy. The SOC splays and lathers like a dream. That scuttle is second to none when it comes to hot lather. Frost drops keep my skin minty fresh. That was an experience to remember.

CONGRATULATIONS!! Great when everything just falls into place!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Top Bottom