What's new

Anyone just shave one pass?

I wish I could, but one pass won't do much for me. Maybe one pass pass with a bit of clean up or buffing might do the job. What I usually do is 1 pass wtg and then 2 passes xtg from ear to ear and maybe a partial atg on my neck with a little clean up on my neck, chin and moustache area.

Do you count touch up ?
If not my answer is YES !! :thumbup:

I am a daily shaver and in general my routine is one pass and touch up "if necessary". I prefer relatively aggressif razors.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I do. One pass ATG. When I first got into this, it was brush and soap/cream, and three passes. I very quickly discovered that my XTG pass offered very little improvement over the WTG pass, so I felt there was no point in doing it. Then I'd be pressed for time, so I'd skip the luxury lather and go with Barbasol and a single ATG pass (which is what I did when I first started shaving). Now, that's my normal daily shave. I think doing a two pass shave gets a little closer, but not enough to make a difference to me. I don't chase BBS, so one pass is good enough.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I do one ATG pass . . . but I do a lot of wet touching up, as I prefer buffing with a mild razor..

Used to do a first WTG pass, but I found it pretty useless, so I cut right to the chase as it were, proceeding from my throat up, stretching and buffing as I go. Only place I shave WTG is my upper lip. Been doing it this way for years with good results and no irritation.

Nonetheless, every once in a while I'll try a first WTG pass. Still seems like a total waste of time. But that's just me. I seem to be blessed with an average beard and a tough hide (or a high pain threshold).

Only if I’m in a hurry, which I seldom am. I prefer 2 passes for my best shave.
Only when I am really pressed for time. I much prefer my usual 3 passes!!
I have done one pass WTG when pressed for time and it’s usually acceptable enough but normally I do two passes.
On rare occasions. Usually if it is later in the day, and I won't be going anywhere but I want to shave. Gotta keep the streak alive you know. [emoji6]
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I find that I am with the above gents! Today was a late afternoon, 1 pass (although I went multi-directional). I need to shave early tomorrow and wanted to both shave today as well as have something to shave tomorrow morning. If I do a 2-3 pass shave late in the day and then try to do the same 12-14 hours later, I get too much irritation.

With a well honed razor and good stropping I can get by with a one pass shave with touch up on the chin. Usually a two pass shaver though.

Upon saying that, looking at the general population, I could get a socially acceptable shave with the handle of a plastic spoon.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Yes sir! I switched to one WTG pass, with a little touch up, about a year ago. My technique is good enough now I can get a solid CCS every time. Sure, I love to face-trabate a nice BBS as much as the next wetshaver. But I realized it wasn’t worth the chance of shave bumps and irritation. Plus, my beard is so dark, I can pass the cotton ball test and still have a shadow. In the mirror, I couldn’t tell the difference between a two or three pass BBS and a one pass CCS. So one pass it is, just like the old timers.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I regularly employ three latherings and three passes, but the other day I was anticipating the arrival of a new razor and tried a one pass shave so that I could try out the new razor upon arrival. A single WTG with my AS-D2 yielded a DFS but not the BBS I prefer. I had to live with that as the new razor did not arrive until the next day. It is back to three latherings and three passes with the new ATT SSR1.

Top Bottom