What's new

Anyone “Investing” in the Firearms Future?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was in a big box sporting goods store today. There was one semi auto tactical looking shotgun on the rack and two dozen longer barrelled hunting/sporting semis and pumps. Most were at regular price. Some on sale. A hacksaw and can of black Krylon will fix a guy right up for a long hard social winter and do it without padding the profiteers pocket at the gunshow.
I have been thinking about going this route, kind of an 18" length.

I asked a friend who gets out more than me and he said the place we both usually frequent had PLENTY of your garden variety used shotguns in stock. I've NEVER seen them with less than 300 to 500.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Not that I would say I agree and approve of people’s panic buying, but I do agree that the multitude of societal variables at present certainly do warrant cause for long term concerns over supply and pricing of our beloved resources. I would expect some normalization or correction, but maybe not across the wide selection of firearms, ammo and accessories. I would anticipate some things to remain scarce or inflated for long stretches. This is another reason I believe in diversifying.

As some items appear extinct and unobtainable, the panicked masses will tend to change their appetite, in my recollection, two times. Post-Sandy Hook Was that way. Wave 1 was 9mm, 223/5.56, wave 2 was 45acp and 308, then Wave 3 was the old school classics 38/357, 44mag, and 30-30... I seem to recall we went through that cycle 2 complete times and started a 3rd before the panic buyers exhausted their resources or lost interest.

If one looks closely at the throngs of people who are searching for and/or looking to make guns & ammo purchases at the local B&M's. An observant person can see, not only first time buyers who have suddenly woken up about their personal safety, but they can also see many others, of varying beliefs, persuasions and dichotomy.

Beliefs- an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.

Persuasions- The action or fact of persuading someone; or of being persuaded to do or believe something.

Dichotomy- a division or contrast between two things that are; or are, represented as being opposed or entirely different.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes, the market is fairing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder how some of my younger friends and family reacted? I have a feeling some of them got a little near sighted and sold at the bottom.

I'm old enough to know that "this too shall pass."

Why? Because the same book says "and it came to pass....."

I don't own anything. I'm just a steward.

I have been thinking about going this route, kind of an 18" length.

I asked a friend who gets out more than me and he said the place we both usually frequent had PLENTY of your garden variety used shotguns in stock. I've NEVER seen them with less than 300 to 500.

I recently sold a Mossberg 500 18.5" with a factory metal heat shield for $225. It had never been fired.

OkieStubble

I wonder how some of my younger friends and family reacted? I have a feeling some of them got a little near sighted and sold at the bottom.

Nice post.

I invest in my 401K and close my eyes. Only if I need in in 5 years will I start divesting.

OkieStubble

I invest in my 401K and close my eyes. Only if I need in in 5 years will I start divesting.

I know there are many people in their 60's thinking, "do I take my SS early with a lower amount but for longer of a time?" Or, "do I wait until 70 and get a bigger check, but won't have it for too many years in the future?"

If one looks closely at the throngs of people who are searching for and/or looking to make guns & ammo purchases at the local B&M's. An observant person can see, not only first time buyers who have suddenly woken up about their personal safety, but they can also see many others, of varying beliefs, persuasions and dichotomy.

Beliefs- an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.

Persuasions- The action or fact of persuading someone; or of being persuaded to do or believe something.

Dichotomy- a division or contrast between two things that are; or are, represented as being opposed or entirely different.
All valid concerns and variables to consider. Overall, this behavior has become as cyclical and regular. Each time there is a new vibe, a new element in the mix. This always causes folks in our positions with prior experience to these types of times, to analyze and and assess if there is anything out of the norm to be an extra cause for concern. I’ll admit, I’m not going to gun shops, sporting good stores or even public ranges, so I have zero first hand observations to form my opinions from or assess the situation at hand that will impact the future. This time may in fact be quite different than what we’ve seen before.

OkieStubble

All valid concerns and variables to consider. Overall, this behavior has become as cyclical and regular. Each time there is a new vibe, a new element in the mix. This always causes folks in our positions with prior experience to these types of times, to analyze and and assess if there is anything out of the norm to be an extra cause for concern. I’ll admit, I’m not going to gun shops, sporting good stores or even public ranges, so I have zero first hand observations to form my opinions from or assess the situation at hand that will impact the future. This time may in fact be quite different than what we’ve seen before.

That's all I'm really saying. :)

Top Bottom