What's new

Anyone in for Septemberhagen?

The week of VDH didn't go as swimmingly as it should have a month back, and frankly that still bothers me to no end.

To that end, I propose that all who are so inclined should join me for Septemberhagen. I will be shaving with nothing but VDH for the month of September.

What say you guys?

The week of VDH didn't go as swimmingly as it should have a month back, and frankly that still bothers me to no end.

To that end, I propose that all who are so inclined should join me for Septemberhagen. I will be shaving with nothing but VDH for the month of September.

What say you guys?

I tell you what I say:

Mentioning September in July is as bad as back to school ads on TV in July!:eek:

Hmm, Septemberhagen? It is an intriguing idea and would provide possibly sufficient premise for me to get rid of those two pucks of VDH that are languishing in the back of my den. I'll take it into consideration.

Maybe for one week, maybe even for two weeks, but after the Great Month Long Soap Journey of June, 2009, never, ever again will I use just one soap for a whole month! After that, I learned that I like rotating too much!

VDH Deluxe and Glycerin both seem to make my rotation a couple times a week so I don't see where swearing off the boutique stuff for a month would be a big problem. I'm in!

I love VDH, just not sure I want to be so pedestrian as to commit to use it for a complete month.

I have so many other possibilities at the moment: Proraso, Real Shaving, TOBS Lavender, and Rose, Williams, Kiss My Face.....plus 4-5 sample sizes of others. Part of the fun of this hobby is changing things up. :biggrin:

After spending all of June with a single soap, I don't think I'll be ready to do so again any time in the near future. The experience was worthwhile, and I learned quite a bit, both about the soap, and about my strong interest in other soaps and creams. Maybe next year. :rolleyes:

So I must be more monogamous than most when it comes to shaving because I'm hearing a lot of people say they can't stand to use the same soap for a month :lol:.

Your loss :p

So I must be more monogamous than most when it comes to shaving because I'm hearing a lot of people say they can't stand to use the same soap for a month :lol:.

Your loss :p

I'm still "playing the field," as it were. If I were a few more years into it, I'd likely be more amenable to your proposition. Regardless, I wish you all luck, and many good shaves in September! :cool:

There's no way I could do Septemberhagen. I couldn't even stick to Jularlington for 10 days -- and I actually like D.R. Harris.

:blushing:

Top Bottom