What's new

Anyone here like English Leather?

I've always liked this classic scent. Its nice, somewhat fresh, but with depth as well. I have not heard a lot of talk about it here.

Are there any fans of this fragrance here?

I decided to try some while over at my dad's place tonight. Loved it.

Recent posts here have made me think about these classic 'drug store' aftershaves, like Aqua Velva, Old Spice, English Leather, and others.

Have you tried Aqua Velva? I absolutely love it and use it 9 out of ten shaves.

I have smelled the English Leather in Walgreens, and in fact when I did I accidentally touched the bottle to the bottom of the tip of my nose. I did this while out on lunch from work and this tiny bit of exposure was enough for me be able to smell it all throughout the rest of the workday. Quite powerful stuff! Do you use it as an AS, cologne, or both?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I do have a bottle of this and although it does not get alot of use, I do enjoy it when in the mood. I find that I enjoy the drugstore classics after a late Saturday morning shave (i.e Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, English Leather, Old Spice).

Yes, i like Aqua Velva a lot. Its a true classic. Its older than Old Spice, Brut, and (I think) English Leather. I think all these classic drug store scents are still around because they smell great, not just because they have a big markeing campaign behind them.

I'm not a fan of English Leather aside from Mama Bear's interpretation in soap form. However, that being said it is still only on the rare occasion that I'll put that soap into my rotation.

As far as the drugstore scents go, I do like Old Spice a lot but I've had issues with Aqua Velva sometimes turning from pleasing into a rancid smell after I apply it.

No experience with Brut.

Top Bottom