What's new

Anyone heard of this brush?

I've seen them listed in the past, but not paid much attention to them. Maybe Andrew can drop in and see one "face to face" down in Austin.:cool:

Randy

I just got 2 22mm bush heads from Bankety blank.com and they look just like those. I talked to the owner and he says that their handmade in China. Mine feel much nicer then my $30 machine made Shavemac. I'm a woodworker with over 25 years experience and I wouldn't use lacquer on something that's getting wet all the time. I'm planning on using muliple coats of Tung oil. Just my $ .02.

Hi Guys!

This is my first post on any forum involving wet shaving. Have been using a Vulvix Super Badger 2234 for about7 months. I like it but am looking to purchase a new brush. I am looking for something with a little stiffer bristle but yet soft. Has anyone used the Rakoskwi brushes? Also, would appreciate any advice on other brushes that fit my description.

Thanks!

Ronnie

RonnieNC said:
Hi Guys!

This is my first post on any forum involving wet shaving. Have been using a Vulvix Super Badger 2234 for about7 months. I like it but am looking to purchase a new brush. I am looking for something with a little stiffer bristle but yet soft. Has anyone used the Rakoskwi brushes? Also, would appreciate any advice on other brushes that fit my description.

Thanks!

Ronnie
Ronnie,
Welcome to B&B. I've not heard of the Rakoskwi. Could you post a link?

By the description of your wants, I would say you might enjoy a Shavemac or Savile Row brush. If you have a little more money to spend, I have really enjoyed the Simpson PJ3 and believe it fits your requirements perfectly.

I have had contact with the maker of these brushes. Genuine good guy.

He can custom make any modell you want the hairs are Silvertip and a bit firmer then the BK Kent Top line badgers

The guy makes custom brushes for around $100 he was going to make the SMFI clone for me. I told him I'll keep him in my mind when ever the time is right for such a brush.you can choose your own type of wood. he will give his opinion aswell what type to look for. he doesnt like High Gloss finishes. he respects the natural beauty of wood.

His name is Tom and his website.

http://www.hammerpilot.com/

goodluck getting a brush and do let us know how it behaves.

Thanks for the imput on the Rakowski brushes and the advice for the other brushes. Where are the best links to check out a Simpson PJ3?

Ronnie,
Sorry, I didn't make the connection that the Rakowski and Hammerpilot were the same thing. I'm not familiar with these brushes, so can't offer any insight.

As a side note, Lee's Razors doesn't show the PJ3 on the website but if you email Lee, he will quote you a price.

RonnieNC said:
Thanks for the imput on the Rakowski brushes and the advice for the other brushes. Where are the best links to check out a Simpson PJ3?

I'll echo a PJ2/3 recommendation. Simpson makes and OUTSTANDING shaving brush!

Top Bottom