What's new

Anyone heard of these blades?

Someone posted this site in another thread talking about shave cream and soap. It's an interesting site and I started poking around and found a whole page of DE blades that I've never heard of.

HERE's the link.

So, my question is, has anyone heard of any of these blades? Are they any good? Elios, Astra, Tondeo Tcr, Wilkinson Economie, and a bunch of specialty straight blades too.

The price, not including shipping is pretty competitive, so I was just wondering if anyone here had any knowledge of any of this.

Yeah, like I really NEED new products to buy, like I don't have a big enough shopping list already that I can't afford. Sheessh.

Peace,

Pierre

vox_rox said:
So, my question is, has anyone heard of any of these blades? Are they any good? Elios, Astra, Tondeo Tcr, Wilkinson Economie, and a bunch of specialty straight blades too.
Astra blades are made in the Czech republic but they were defined as Ok but nothing to write home about.
Tondeo blades are for hair cutting/stiling not beard shaving.
Wilkinson Economie should be okay but maybe not long lasting.
These products are destined to barber shops/beauty salons where the blades get used just once and then discarded so my fear is that to lower the price the producer might have skipped some step into manufacturing that gives a better life expectancy to the blades.

vox_rox said:
The price, not including shipping is pretty competitive
If you are inside the EC you must add 20% VAT to the shown price and be warned that "PosteItaliane" charges extortionate amounts of money for their mediocre delivery service so the shipping can be shocking expensive.Check carefully with the vendor before committing to buy...

vox_rox said:
Yeah, like I really NEED new products to buy, like I don't have a big enough shopping list already that I can't afford. Sheessh.

Here are some more:
DORCO double edge blades (made in korea) .
But check the international shipping cost and start screaming :eek:

and
BIC (france ?)
I would like to try these but due to the minimum order policy of the seller one should buy at least 500 blades ,if they are not good i have to cut my throat.

fatpig said:
If you are inside the EC you must add 20% VAT to the shown price ...

Hey, thanks for the info on these blades, much appreciated. As for the VAT, coming from Canada I don't worry about, but we have our own goods and services tax (GST) so I may still pay as it comes into Canada, but it's only 6 per cent, plus an extortion fee of $5 so some beaureaucrat can watch it come across the border. Nice.

fatpig said:
But check the international shipping cost and start screaming :eek:

Umm, holy crap! 38 Euros to ship anything to North America, and it goes UP from there! Right now 1 Euro cost $1.44 Canadian, so the shipping charges alone would be over $55 CDN even if I ordered a package of 5 blades. Umm, I think not. I'll stick closer to home for my shaving supplies I think.

Now, if I'm ever in Italy, maybe I'll do some shopping, but I think a Colnago bicycle frame would be first on my list.

Thanks again for the info, much appreciated.

Peace,

Pierre

Top Bottom