What's new

Anyone have the GC .84 with Super Knurl Handle?

I'm soon to order a GC .84. Of the various handles, I like the super knurl the best, aesthetically speaking. Just curious if anyone has one and how they like the grip, the aesthetics in person, etc. Tnx.

I'm soon to order a GC .84. Of the various handles, I like the super knurl the best, aesthetically speaking. Just curious if anyone has one and how they like the grip, the aesthetics in person, etc. Tnx.
I really like the razor, the handle has a very good grip.
You can't go wrong with this razor.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

It’s the best razor I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently sold my GC .68 but it had the "super knurl" handle. The grip was superb and as you say it's visually appealing too.

It’s the best razor I own.

Ditto, for me. The game changer .84 is my perfect Goldilocks razor. It's gentle, but eficient. Three passes will leave you with an excellent shave. As others have mentioned, the super knurl is a very grippy handle.

Personally, I prefer the Barber Pole handle because it's super grippy and just happens to look amazing. My second choice would be the Bulldog handle which is basically an HD handle with an added 5mm length.

Frankly, with so many differing opinions, the only obvious thing for @Tostig to do is...

Buy one of each handle and compare! (Sorry about your wallet :wink2: )

Guess I'm the one weirdo that thinks the radio knob is the most aesthetic and has plenty of grip (though not as much as the super knurl).

I picked the radio knob - best looking I think. Never had a problem with grip of the razor, but have managed to launch my brush across the room a few times, which does make me wonder why brushes aren't made grippy also...

In my experience the Razorock handles are some way behind the Razorock heads in terms of fit & finish. I have four Razorock handles & they are ranked below, with 1) being my favourite:

1) Halo - the best finish of the four. Perfect weight & neutral balance when attached to the GC & Mamba heads (with the handle’s end knob attached). Very good grip.

2) HD - acceptable finish, but a bit below that of a Weber, or an Ikon handle. Slightly heavier than the Halo, but still nice neutral balance & excellent grip.

3) Super Knurl - finish as per the HD. I find it a bit too long & heavy for the Razorock heads. The balance is a bit “tail heavy”. Excellent grip though.

4) Barber Pole - poor finish, the tapering on the cutout before the knob at the end of the handle is all over the place. The weight & balance are the same as the HD, but it is less grippy.

I have a BP and an HD. The HD is my favorite - it “channels” the handle on the Merkur 34C. I have no complaints about the finish on my HD.

The Super Knurl, Barber Pole, and Radio Knob all have a very heavy feel to them, for me at least. My favorite is the Titanium Halo. The Bulldog is also very nice (I know it's heavy, but it's balanced.) I have not tried the HD, but I will.

I prefer the Barberpole the most as far as aesthetics and feel. The HD works great on my .84 OC though. I also have the Bulldog, but it’s just meh.

I do want to get a Bamboo though!

I have the barber pole, bulldog and super knurl. You can't go wrong with any of them. They have much better grip than my Timeless. Super knurl is my newest, so I like it the most.

Settled on the Super Knurl because the Radio Knob or whatever that I really wanted was sold out. Quickly realized the Super Knurl is a superb handle.

From RR, I have the super knurl, barber pole, and HALO titanium handles. I like the lighter weight and feel of the HALO. So much so that I bought a TiBam “New York” titanium handle to use with my GC84, and now my three RR handles sit mostly unused, unfortunately. I do like the looks of the radio knob handle, and wouldn’t mind trading my barber pole or super knurl for it. Maybe I’ll throw an ad up on the BST.

I received my Game Changer .84 with Super Knurl handle yesterday, shaved with it this morning. I really like the handle, very nice grip. I chose the Super Knurl due to the length, as I have pretty large hands and like a longer handle. It's hard for me to use a shorter handle like on the Merkur 34C or Gillette Tech.

I'm going to have to work on my technique with this razor, though... it felt very smooth while shaving (fresh Rapira Platinum Lux blade), but I got some of the worst irritation I've had since I started DE shaving. I think my angle was way off for the razor...

Top Bottom