What's new

Anyone have a simple set up

From reading on here i have seen some extravagant shaving gear collections. I want to know if their are any purist that use the same things everyday. I have been using the same blade, brush, razor, soap for about 4 months now. I have a new brush in the mail but im pretty sure ill have a simple two brush rotation. It has been hard to do this but im trying to use up a soap puck and the brush was a gift.

There are definitely some minimalists like you and I here, but we are outnumbered! I've tried a bunch of different gear, but I always sell off items when I buy more. I do like to keep 3 soaps for a little variety. The rest is the same day in, day out.

iKon Slant
Gillette Silver Blue
Morris & Forndran "Chief"
MdC Fougere, QCS Iced Key Lime, QCS Celestial Woods
TGR Standard balm

Last edited:
Ahh the k.i.s.s. method. I guess I have a modest setup compared to most around here. 5 soaps, 2 razors, 3 brushes. My pre and post routine is pretty much the same every day. Proraso pre and post, and one of 3 aftershaves.

I'm not a strict minimalist, but I guess you could describe me as one. I have enough razors to use a different one for each day of the week but instead of having a "rotation" to go through I'll pick one razor and one pack of blades and use it until the pack is gone.

The only thing I'm truly a minimalist in is in software and brushes. I have one soap and one cream (for uber lather), and one brush.

Well, I am not sure if I would be a minimalist, but I only use my Weber DLC for my razor 99% of the time, Super Iridiums for my blade 99% of the time, Mystic Water soaps 90% of the time and Unrefined Shea Butter 100%!
Does that count? :blush:

yea that defiantly counts haha. i haven't been doing this that long but i want to get threw soaps before buying new ones and i have 4 brushes and only one gets use. i only have one razor but i want to get another to see if thier really is a difference but i like to keep it simple. I hope i can find the one soap that i can use for the rest of my life hoping it doesn't get discontinued

When I travel I take 1 razor, 1 brush, a few shave sticks and that is about as minimal as I get.

I consider myself a minimalist with 6-8 razors, 6-8 active soaps, and 2 brushes with an extra boar for backup. :001_tongu

Heck, I bring 2 razors when travelling!

Well, I'm pretty minimal. One razor (had two, but gave away my first one), one brush, just opened a second soap (speick stick, and I agree it's pretty awesome) but then there is the proraso pre/post shave. And the shave oil I made from grapeseed oil and (really) Tiger balm. Not sure what I think of that yet, but it definitely opens the pores. And a styptic pencil. And witch's hazel. And a bottle of glycerine, but I guess that isn't actually a shave product per se, as much as it is an ingredient that I haven't figured out what to do with. And aftershave splash. And balm.

Does aloe vera gel count?

Well, it's close enough for me anyway.

+ 1,000 If American Airlines ever lost my bag, they would feel like they were reembursing me for a lost barbershop. :laugh:

I consider myself a minimalist with 6-8 razors, 6-8 active soaps, and 2 brushes with an extra boar for backup. :001_tongu

Heck, I bring 2 razors when travelling!

I have one razor and brush, two soaps, one cream, a styptic pencil, and three aftershaves. I also have 2 kinds of blades (Derby and a generic) but tend to just use one pack until it's done.

I usually stick with my shavette, one brush, and Proraso green. Seems to be the best combo for me, always great results.

$image.jpg

Gym set

Well, I am not sure if I would be a minimalist, but I only use my Weber DLC for my razor 99% of the time, Super Iridiums for my blade 99% of the time, Mystic Water soaps 90% of the time and Unrefined Shea Butter 100%!
Does that count? :blush:

well - you did not mention brush! that will tell how much minimalist you truly are. bring it on! :laugh:

I am with you on using minimal amount of equipment. The latest time I have only been using 15C. I sold my other razors. I have a Gillette NEW on the way, because I can see a reason to have two razors: One mild (15C) when the skin is extra senstive and one moderate (NEW) for when the skin could handle a BBS.

I am using only one brush. At this moment, I only use a soap I made myself. I do not even have any bought soaps at all at this moment.

EDIT: I actually have one razor more, but I never use it. It is the cheap $2 Sodial. It is cheap enough that I would take it with me if I travel somewhere. I do not know if that counts or not.

Last edited:
+ 1,000 If American Airlines ever lost my bag, they would feel like they were reembursing me for a lost barbershop. :laugh:

Don't delude yourself. If an airline looses a bag there's a max liability that won't cover a decent sweater, much less an eclectic collection. Can't remember the limit right now, but it's available with some google-foo. And it's shockingly little.

Top Bottom