What's new

Anyone gone through 100 blade package using ONLY those blades?

Nope, and I probably never will. I have too large of a selection to consecutively stick to that many of just one blade brand.

I did for years before I found this site. Dorco, 100 after 100 after 100. I’d grab them at my local barber and never had any reason to look any farther.

I imagine this is much easier for the GEM/Injector crowd where there aren't many options. Considering how different razors seem to play better with certain blades, the only way I could see me doing this is if I stuck with a single razor through those 100 blades. In other words, that probably isn't happening anytime soon.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
No. Far to many in my arsenal to stick to just one blade for that many shaves.

I rotate Nacet, Yellows and Astra SP. I could drop the Astras and just use the other two. I don't use my stash of Personna Reds. I'm happy with Nacet and Yellows, no need to experiment any more.

No, but I am using Astra SP 99% of the time. Ocassionally shops include free pack of blades with my orders so I get to try those.

Like someone else said, I only use / buy Astra SP blades.

I've provably gone through a 100 blades, I change my blade once a week (100 is about two years of blades).

Anything else I've used usually have been a sample.

Last edited:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I could do, but don't. I went 20+ years using only Wilkinson Sword Classic, but bought them a tuck at a time.

Since moving to shopping online, I have found a few more favourites, and have several "in stock", so will be bouncing around between different types from now on.

I went through most of 100 Voskhod's to get rid of them as i wasn't impressed, did keep 2 tucks as i like the packaging. The only 100 i've ever bought and can't imagine buying 100 or more of any single blade.
dave

No I never have. Wish I could.
I enjoy my blade rotation too much to attempt that. If I could pick one brand of blade to finish up using from all of its tucks it would probably be the Gillette Yellows.
There’s 95 blades left. Won’t happen, pure fantasy for me.

Top Bottom