What's new

Anyone Giving Nib Gifts For Christmas

Just curious how many of you guys are giving pens, ink, or paper to loved or i guess well liked people in your lives for the upcoming Holidays this year ?

Who is getting the gift, and what are you getting them ?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I may break down and buy the granddaughter a fountain pen that actually writes. I had bought her a Noodler's Nib Creeper when I bought my Ahabs- well, you know the story.

I am giving my daughter an old Esterbrook J that I had from high school. I replaced the sac, purchased a couple of new nibs from Richard Binder, and have polished it up to look like new.
I am considering getting her a nice journal and some ink to get her started. She has shown an interest in my fountain pen/writing hobby and recently sent me a lovely ink well and some nice ink (as in a previous thread).

I gave my superior chef a Pilot Metropolitan with cartridges. Girlfriend is getting a TWSBI mini with a 1.1 stub, bottle of Noodler's Guene Cactus and journal off of woot.com that screamed her. I found out she liked demonstrators at the pen show and figured a stub italic could give her flair. The TWSBI heps because if she doesn't like the nib, I can swap out nib units for her. It should go with her Kaweco Sport quite nicely. :)

I got a handful of Preppies to give out as needed :D

My 8 year old daughter is getting a Lamy Safari in pink, a selection of inks in kid colors. Including Noodler's Blue Ghost so she can send secret messages. My wife started playing around with my Esterbrook last night, so she might be getting one too.

Yup, my older daughter is getting an F-C#27 in Tennessee Orange, Medium steel nib. She's graduating from a Kaweco Ice Sport.

I bought my wife a red medium Pilot 78G. I'm honing my penmanship skills and then writing a mushy Christmas love letter to her with her pen and including the pen I wrote it with in her letter. She's going to love it. I also am adding a bottle of Private Reserve Sherwood Green Ink. If she takes to fountain pens I will buy her a nicer pen for her birthday in February.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Well, SWMBO is getting ME half a dozen bottles of ink and a nice journal. Some would say the printed wish list from Goulet Pens was a rather broad hint, but I believe I was exceedingly subtle.:huh:

A good friend of mine has received a few letters from me, as I played with new inks and papers. She always responds via email, saying she "doesn't have any fancy pens" like I do... so she is getting her own Pilot Metropolitan (the pen I used most to write her), a bottle of Poppy Red (the color she liked best from my letters) and a pad of stationary paper. The order is already made, awaiting Team Goulet's return from the holiday weekend. Can't wait to actually RECEIVE some letters from her! :thumbup:

I'm giving my middle son's girlfriend about 25 ink samples she apparently uses a quill to write with. Very cool for a young age. She's 19.

I am also giving my eldest son's girlfriend some ink, pens and book for calligraphy. She is a graphic artist.

A TWSBI Rose Gold in my son's future this Christmas. He has started to show an interest in pens and inks which I expect will grow over time with encouragement. He normally is getting medium nibs but this one is a broad.

I thought about getting my niece and nephews some stuff but it really will not work with them. My sister's kids are supplied everything they need from the school and are not allowed to bring in anything that the school does not provide. My brother's kids are not very grateful and I just don't want to deal with their "oh that's what you got me" attitudes. No one I know is really interested in nibs or using a journal.

Maybe santa will bring me some x-mas nib stuff. Actually I wouldn't mind some shaving stuff as well. Come on santa all these years of nothing it's about time I get something.

I'm getting my wife a Visconti Homo Saipan and my sister a Lamy Safari. They both are getting some Nooddler's ink and my sister is getting a converter to go along with the Safari.

A TWSBI Rose Gold in my son's future this Christmas. He has started to show an interest in pens and inks which I expect will grow over time with encouragement. He normally is getting medium nibs but this one is a broad.

you should check out the 1.1 stub for the twsbi... AMAZINGLY smooth.

Just curious how many of you guys are giving pens, ink, or paper to loved or i guess well liked people in your lives for the upcoming Holidays this year ?

Who is getting the gift, and what are you getting them ?

I am giving a few, not sure what makes yet. I just asked the Guys/Gals for some advise on what to get.

Top Bottom