What's new

Anyone find Proraso overrated?

Proraso Green in the tub......my favorite soap ever. I just ordered a tub of the sandalwood for a little variety. But, day in day out, Proraso in the tub is my go to soap. It just does all it is supposed to with very little fan fare. I wish I could buy it locally.

The more soaps I try (which I really enjoy most) when I go back to Proraso green it almost feels like cheating.
Proraso green and a big italian boar brush are a perfect couple. When I put my Omega 10083 into a tub of Proraso I get an absurd mountain of great quality lather in no time and every time.
$10 for 150ml... no not overrated.

The more soaps I try (which I really enjoy most) when I go back to Proraso green it almost feels like cheating.
Proraso green and a big italian boar brush are a perfect couple. When I put my Omega 10083 into a tub of Proraso I get an absurd mountain of great quality lather in no time and every time.
$10 for 150ml... no not overrated.
Ebay had them on sale for $6.75 each

Life is too short to have to faff with your technique so you can load up correctly from that weird bowl they sell the croap in.
HOWEVER
Classic Proraso Green cream is another story. Lathers easily and it's a top performer, especially for cold water shaving in the dog days of summer. There's no better way to start your day.

I'm surprised that nobody has realized that White is for sensitive skin, Green is for average skin and beard and Red is for tough beards. The smells are a bit coincidental. With a half decent brush the hard soaps all provide great lather from light for White to thick for Red and Green in the middle. The Green does it for me, but I can shave with either. - I got converted in Italy when my Taylors sandalwood travel soap got water laden and the central push screw pushed straight through the soap. I visited the nearest supermarket and picked up a White Proraso soap and pre shave soap. I can't imagine any reason for looking back. For my travels I have since turned to the tubed stuff. Palmolive at the moment, but I'll get to Proraso eventually.

How many of you guys use the Proraso pre-shave?

I feel like it was designed to be used in-tandem with that
I have the pre-shave, but it doesn't seem especially effective. I find that using Kyle's prep is what makes a difference in my prep. I've tried substituting the lather under the hot towel with the pre-shave, and the regular lather works much better for me. YMMV.

I use Proraso pre-shave regularly. Not sure it makes much of a difference with the shave, but I enjoy the smell and feel of it.

I am currently using the Green (Crema Pre Barba), Green Soap in a bowl (Sapone) and Green After Shave Lotion.
Works well for me, nice and cool feeling. I use the cream as a pre and post shave as I find it cools the face down considerably.
After shave does not linger long, but works well as more of a lotion.
Pinaud Clubman would be used if a longer lasting fragrance were required.
Personally, I would not class it as overrated and find this product to be worth the money.

Top Bottom