What's new

Anyone excited about Hockey? NHL 2021

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Going with 3 on 3 for overtime was one of the best rules changes the NHL has come up with. Just fun, fast-paced, enjoyable hockey.

I'm too old-fashioned. I like the tie after regulation way, the way it was back in the day. But at least this new way beats going straight to a shootout.

IMHO they are better off making every game worth 3 points. Win in regulation, you get 3 points; if it goes ot OT, the winner gets 2 points and the loser gets 1.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I spoke to the Mods and they have restored your threat-starting capacity. Just no more "fluffernutters".
Speaking of which...

Owen Bawn

I think they should settle ties by drilling two holes in the ice and dropping lines into them. Whichever team catches a legal size fish first is declared the winner.

I think they should settle ties by drilling two holes in the ice and dropping lines into them. Whichever team catches a legal size fish first is declared the winner.

The punchline is where the ice rink manager gets on the intercom and say; “There’s no fish under the ice!”

Owen Bawn

The Leafs just beat the Habs. That's gotta make @SharpieB happy. It made me happy, too. I enjoy seeing Montreal lose to Boston or to any of the Canadian clubs. It was tough for me personally when BC grad Brian Gionta was on the Canadiens, but that's no longer an issue.

The Leafs just beat the Habs. That's gotta make @SharpieB happy. It made me happy, too. I enjoy seeing Montreal lose to Boston or to any of the Canadian clubs. It was tough for me personally when BC grad Brian Gionta was on the Canadiens, but that's no longer an issue.
One more against Montreal On Sat. If Toronto can take that, 7pts up in a short season is a nice lead. Who would have thought Toronto would be first overall at this point? Not moi.

Owen Bawn

One more against Montreal On Sat. If Toronto can take that, 7pts up in a short season is a nice lead. Who would have thought Toronto would be first overall at this point? Not moi.
Especially this year, when the Leafs have to pick you up after the loss of your beloved Dunnies...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Especially this year, when the Leafs have to pick you up after the loss of your beloved Dunnies...
All we need is a team in Hamilton ...

... thanks, Bettman! ...

... and Saskatchewan, and the Canadian Division of the NHL would become a second CFL.

Didn't get to watch the game last night (it was the youngests birthday and she wanted Pokemon)

My wife is a Leafs fan but my daughter and I are Habs fans.

We watched the condensed game this morning and started the day off on a bad note.

On the plus side Tomas Tatar liked the picture of my daughter's Tuna t-shirts on Twitter this afternoon.

Owen Bawn

All we need is a team in Hamilton ...

... thanks, Bettman! ...

... and Saskatchewan, and the Canadian Division of the NHL would become a second CFL.
You need 3 or 4 clubs to be named the Rough Riders to get that old time CFL feel. Or the Roughriders. Or Ruff Ryders. Or Ruffriders.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
We watched the condensed game this morning and started the day off on a bad note.

On the plus side Tomas Tatar liked the picture of my daughter's Tuna t-shirts on Twitter this afternoon.

Well, the Habs beat the Leafs yesterday, but Tuna was a healthy scratch.

Owen Bawn

Well THAT was a good 3rd period for the Leafs. 👎

wow.
Do ya think there might be a culture problem on the Leafs? After the game tonight Keefe said "We just gave the game to them at a time when they really had nothing happening. They really only got what we gave them."

Well, the NHL had its fair share of embarrassment with the sun-delayed Avs-Golden Knights game at Lake Tahoe. Did no one think this might be a potential problem? All's well that ends well, though. And those Avs "fauxback" sweaters - beautiful! Nordiques design with Avs colors - I'd buy one of those.

And my B's won the second game. :)

Oh, and I ordered a bunch of gear to start playing in the local roller hockey league. Played ice hockey many years ago, but roller seems like the right speed now.

I was ok with them trying it. I mean, I think the smartest thing would have been to try a morning game (between 8-9am local time so the east could watch it) of they REALLY wanted it in daylight - which I understand with the beautiful backdrop.

Afternoon start seemed destined to fail but I heard they had hoped for some cloud cover.

I would love to see them go WAY north and find a thickly frozen lake and really go old school and actually play on the lake.

I ordered the Reverse Retro for the Canadiens but we've played awful in both our outings in them so now I'm thinking they are jinxed - but yes the Colorado reverse retros are sweet

Top Bottom