What's new

Anyone ever used Proraso without a brush?

How did it work?

I'm thinking about sending my Dad a tube of it in his Fathers Day package because he was remincing about the Old Noxema mentholated cream he used years ago, but he said he wont use a brush. (I'm working on him :wink:)

It says on the box with or without a brush, just wondering if it worked OK without a brush.

Thanks!

I have and it worked ok. Just recently went back to it (with a brush) and wow, there is a difference in the lather and the shave. Kinda of digging it now.

I used it without a brush. It doesn't cushion as well, but it still feels great, and when you rinse off your skin still feels absolutely wonderful. Way better than any off-the-shelf stuff he's using now.

He also used to use the old Noxema cream in a tub and doesn't like to use a brush. I gave him some Proraso and he also uses it brushless. He likes it fine.

I passed along a sample of Musgo Real and he liked it a lot more. That's another option to the Proraso - I guess Musgo Real is meant to be used brushless. I ordered some Musgo Real for Father's Day.

How did it work?

I'm thinking about sending my Dad a tube of it in his Fathers Day package because he was remincing about the Old Noxema mentholated cream he used years ago, but he said he wont use a brush. (I'm working on him :wink:)

It says on the box with or without a brush, just wondering if it worked OK without a brush.

Thanks!

I used it without a brush. It doesn't cushion as well, but it still feels great, and when you rinse off your skin still feels absolutely wonderful. Way better than any off-the-shelf stuff he's using now.

Use a little more cream and put it on a little thicker - it cushions just fine (at least for me).

It is very different brushless and with a brush, though. More economical with a brush.

I've used it both ways, and while I prefer it with a brush as it whips up into a much more desirable consistency, it works just fine without a brush - very nice, close shave. He may use a little more, but it will still last him a long time. It'll be a good way to let him "dip his toes in the water".

:cool:

tremendous cream, always used a brush. makes a ton of lather easily!!
Just mention to you dad a dab about the size of a peanut is all he'd need in the palm of his hand for a wonderful shave, (with a brush of course). If he likes it enough he might just ask you about a brush! Who knows

When not using a brush, I lather up the Proraso cream first by putting a dab into one hand and then wetting the other hand. Rub hands together briskly until it lathers up a little and then apply it to the already wet face and proceed to lather it some more using both hands. That works pretty well and makes for a good shave!

I tried it once. Not bad, although I needed to use more cream. I prefer to use it with a brush, but in a pinch, I would not hesitate to use it without a brush.

I received Proraso as a X-mas gift before I started using a shaving brush. The lather was thin and sort of soupy; however, it was slick and worked just fine. The Proraso experience, for me, is much nicer with a brush.

Top Bottom