What's new

Anyone ever use this stuff? Lustro Italiano

I was simply referring to the part that coincides with wrapping in a towel -

“Just wipe off the water from it’s surface and wrap it in a towel.”

My reply didn’t intend to be interpreted as using the sealed container -

“You’re making sense. Attaching the stone to a tile or something + Toro Blanco’s method is probably best.”

There appears to be a misunderstanding on both our ends. My post didn’t make it clear, and I should have emphasized that a little better. I do appreciate all of your advice.
The link to the website you posted does state that:

The stones should be kept in humid conditions, but not submerged in the water. Just follow this simple guideline: after you are done with using the stone, don’t dry it up before storing. Just wipe off the water from it’s surface and wrap it in a towel. Then put the wrapped stone a sealed container for storage.

Seems like a horrible advice to me.

You can always go with an Arkansas progression. Those stones don’t care how you treat them and they’ll be here when your grandkids are old.

All my stones get a rinse and get stood up on the skinny end next to my sink after use. 1 or 2 days later when they are dry I put them in a drawer under the sink. Sigmas, Naniwas, JNATS, ANATS, everything. Naniwa 60 grit lobster would take 3-4 days to dry which is peculiar. You would think this would fry faster but sometimes things don’t be like they is, but they do.

You can always go with an Arkansas progression. Those stones don’t care how you treat them and they’ll be here when your grandkids are old.

All my stones get a rinse and get stood up on the skinny end next to my sink after use. 1 or 2 days later when they are dry I put them in a drawer under the sink. Sigmas, Naniwas, JNATS, ANATS, everything. Naniwa 60 grit lobster would take 3-4 days to dry which is peculiar. You would think this would fry faster but sometimes things don’t be like they is, but they do.
An ark is definitely something I want to explore. My JNAT is currently curing after being sealed, once it’s ready to go I’ll try my hand at a nagura progression. I’m optimistic in that working out for me, and may reserve the synthetics for chip removal, bevel setting, and kitchen knives. I’ve learned a ton about how to care for synthetics nonetheless.

An Arkansas and coticule are next up, I’ll keep my eye out on the BST.

Top Bottom