What's new

Anyone ever try the shave dens homade colognes?

There like $10 bucks and there a million different kinds

Just want to see if anyone ever used them

Thanks

Jim

Wow. 1.5 years and not a single reply to this? Wish there was, because I had the same question, especially for their "knock-off" scents, like English Fern and Green Irish Tweed.

Nope, never have tried the cologne but I will say her aftershave is wonderful. The iced lime is like cutting open a fresh lime and my absolute favorite AS for summer.

Nope, never have tried the cologne but I will say her aftershave is wonderful. The iced lime is like cutting open a fresh lime and my absolute favorite AS for summer.

Yes I like that one too. I've also tried the "Blue Juniper," which smells like a Christmas tree - if you like that (I didn't).

I've just recently tried a couple of samples of Pens and Creed colognes that I like but that are out of my price range for anything beyond small decants. She has some "knock off" versions that are MUCH cheaper, and I might give them a try if they are not too unreasonable facsimiles.

Yes I like that one too. I've also tried the "Blue Juniper," which smells like a Christmas tree - if you like that (I didn't).

I've just recently tried a couple of samples of Pens and Creed colognes that I like but that are out of my price range for anything beyond small decants. She has some "knock off" versions that are MUCH cheaper, and I might give them a try if they are not too unreasonable facsimiles.

If that is your goal than look no further than Cool Water. It is the closest "knock off" of GIT. I have tried them side-by-side and they are very, very close.

I have both the Lime and the Mojito (also the AS splash versions) and love them! They both smell like very fresh ingredients.

If that is your goal than look no further than Cool Water. It is the closest "knock off" of GIT. I have tried them side-by-side and they are very, very close.

Thanks.

Are you talking about the TSD "Cool Water-Type" scent (they have one) or the real Cool Water cologne by Davidoff?

Thanks.

Are you talking about the TSD "Cool Water-Type" scent (they have one) or the real Cool Water cologne by Davidoff?

He means the real Cool Water by Davidoff. It's said to be a near exact clone of Green Irish Tweed, unless you have a really trained nose, and then there are subtle differences.

Thanks for the tips and the info about GIT and Cool Water. But, anybody have any experience with the TSD colognes?

Also, what are the best sources you've found for small decants or free or low cost samples of some of the pricier stuff? I've heard of the Perfumed Court. Are they good to deal with? Others? I'm just starting to do more exploration here, but do not want to break the bank in my quest, and I've found frag preference is a totally YMMV thing.

Thanks all!

Thanks for the tips and the info about GIT and Cool Water. But, anybody have any experience with the TSD colognes?

Also, what are the best sources you've found for small decants or free or low cost samples of some of the pricier stuff? I've heard of the Perfumed Court. Are they good to deal with? Others? I'm just starting to do more exploration here, but do not want to break the bank in my quest, and I've found frag preference is a totally YMMV thing.

Thanks all!

Perfumed Court has great selection but is pricey. You could check ebay-there are some very good prices on sample vials (I just bought 4 Creed MI for $7.80).
There is also a great source on basenotes-Mudassir. Check him out-great selection, great prices, very reliable. He even sells 2 ml samples.

Perfumed Court has great selection but is pricey. You could check ebay-there are some very good prices on sample vials (I just bought 4 Creed MI for $7.80).
There is also a great source on basenotes-Mudassir. Check him out-great selection, great prices, very reliable. He even sells 2 ml samples.

Thanks buckeye. Exactly the kind of input I was looking for.

Ha! That's one of my favourite scents (Blue Juniper). It does smell like a Christmas tree....and that can't be bad!

Never tried their colognes, but I do like the splashes and milks. I don't wear cologne, as I have a very sensitive sense of smell, and long-lasting scents would drive me crazy.

Ha! That's one of my favourite scents (Blue Juniper). It does smell like a Christmas tree....and that can't be bad!

Never tried their colognes, but I do like the splashes and milks. I don't wear cologne, as I have a very sensitive sense of smell, and long-lasting scents would drive me crazy.

I know you like it MajorBurnz - it was on your recommendation that I gave it a try. Honestly, it's pleasant enough as a scent, even nice - just seems like more of an air freshener scent than an aftershave scent to me. I wear it around the holidays and used it to fragrance some of our holiday cards! (Not sure the scent survived the delivery time frame of the post though). I still have a lot left if your supply is running low...

Top Bottom