What's new

Anyone ever re-paint a Red Tip?

I would like to re-paint the red tip on a...uh,... Red Tip, and am wondering what paint to use? Has anyone ever done this, and what paint did you use and what prep did you have to do on the handle?

I know this destroys the collector value of the razor, and I'm okay with that. I just want to make a good hard working razor look nice again. Thanks for any ideas.

That's a great question that I've been wondering about myself. There are many red tips for sale but most of them have worn or flaking red paint on otherwise very nice razors. I like my razors to look nice as well.

Len

That's a great question that I've been wondering about myself. There are many red tips for sale but most of them have worn or flaking red paint on otherwise very nice razors. I like my razors to look nice as well.

Len

Yes, most Red Tips seem to be missing a lot of their paint, though they are otherwise in really good condition, with their really nice knurling pattern. Hopefully we'll get some good ideas of how to restore these. :cool:

Looks like kind of a brick red. I've not repainted any of mine (I've got two with a third on the way, they are great shavers) but the thought has crossed my mind. If I settle on one to keep, I wouldn't be averse to repainting the tip.

Hmm, I wonder if a fingernail polish would be an alternative to paint?

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I just googled the paint name instead and went to the Krylon site. Their list of vendors includes Ace Hardware stores, Sears, Home Depot, Sherwin Williams, KMart, and Hobby Lobby. Should be able to find it without too much trouble.

Have you ever painted a Red Tip yourself? Any special technique?

Thanks again.

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I just googled the paint name instead and went to the Krylon site. Their list of vendors includes Ace Hardware stores, Sears, Home Depot, Sherwin Williams, KMart, and Hobby Lobby. Should be able to find it without too much trouble.

Have you ever painted a Red Tip yourself? Any special technique?

Thanks again.
I havent, I keep mine how I got them

I can't tell that there's any difference in color from the picture. That one looks pretty good for a working razor.

It looks great to me as well. I think I'll look for one that really needs a paint job and see what comes out of it.

OOPs. now I think there will be a run on red tips.

Len

Top Bottom