What's new

Anyone ever been involved in a fake tracking number Scam?

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Something doesn't add up here. At the point of delivery a scanned package will show where it has been delivered, the GPS on our scanners is VERY accurate. More rural areas may be off, but generally speaking they are spot on.

There were some issues with shippers using fraudulent tracking #s, one tracking # for hundreds of packages, but that was caught and has been shut down.

If you have a tracking # your post office should be able to determine where it was delivered very accurately.

I’m quite curious to see how all this ends😳
Me too.
Something doesn't add up here. At the point of delivery a scanned package will show where it has been delivered, the GPS on our scanners is VERY accurate. More rural areas may be off, but generally speaking they are spot on.

There were some issues with shippers using fraudulent tracking #s, one tracking # for hundreds of packages, but that was caught and has been shut down.

If you have a tracking # your post office should be able to determine where it was delivered very accurately.
Yeah, just waiting to hear back from them at this point. I’m assuming it takes a few days up to a week?

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Me too.

Yeah, just waiting to hear back from them at this point. I’m assuming it takes a few days up to a week?

No. As aggravating as your conversation may go (we don't always have the most customer service oriented individuals handling complaints... sorry) anytime a carrier delivers a package with a scan (usps barcode) there are only a few options that can be selected-

Delivered in/at mailbox
Delivered to front door
Left with individual at address

There are a few other options but I doubt they would be relevant. As soon as I (or any other carrier) choose that delivery code and punch enter it is, or should be, time stamped and pinned on a map. I receive an end of day report that informs me whether or not all the packages on my route have been scanned or not.

Certainly something could have hiccuped, but in my experience that happens seldomly. I'd hope that whomever is helping you resolve this is giving you their best effort, but occasionally that is not going to be the case.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have received packages that were addressed to another house. I have had packages addressed to me delivered to another house. It happens.
I take the packages that don't belong to me to the post office. I have had the Post Office recover misdelivered packages and deliver them to me a week later, and on 2 occasions, the people where it was delivered brought it to my house and rang the bell.
In the four or 5 times it has happened in the last 4 years (and I get several packages a week), I have never had a package from USPS go completely missing.
For me, USPS is every bit as reliable as UPS or Amazon has been here, and light years ahead of Fedex, which in my area is a completely worthless service.

Last edited:
Well, I got home tonight late and sitting at my doorstep was this package:

F584FF19-3AAD-4ACB-AE83-AAC24D018A0C.jpeg

42A7841A-EC34-48B6-9404-21E6FEA5404F.jpeg

E42D8669-8706-4EBA-B519-84C89988EAF3.jpeg

I’m guessing it was a neighbor that received it accidentally or something as this definitely doesn’t fit in my mailbox. Glad it arrived but the Tatara stand was gone apparently since the package was opened not sure by whom or if it was ripped open in transit. The box was there but no stand.

3503A0A4-EAC3-4720-A274-C896A95E864D.jpeg

All in all a small loss but I’m just glad I received the bulk of the package.

I’m still hoping the USPS investigation will clarify what actually happened. It wasn’t delivered in or at the mailbox. At least not my mailbox. This was the day I was supposed to receive it from the initial tracking info which Ive noticed is just an estimate. But if it was a neighbor, seems odd they would have it for 2 days before dropping it back off at my front doorstep.

It was shipping from California, and coming to Florida. 2 days after it was dropped off and the first update it was in Carolina, Puerto Rico…. WTH???
I've gotten orders where the shipper is in one State and they ship from another (Don't know if that was the exact case here). And I've gotten things from Puerto Rico with no issues since USPS shipping to/from is just like shipping from any other US State or territory. Based on your pictures, it seems that the package went through some major trouble to arrive (possibly got routed to Puerto Rico by mistake and then forwarded back) and probably got accidentally delivered to someone else first. Based on my experience, the shipper is the one that has to make the claim with USPS.
Hope you get it fully resolved!

Last edited:
USPS sometimes drops stuff at other addresses, just see how many you get ....
I had one package dropped somewhere else...., it was an expensive item....., and it took some time and claim filing, then on the 2-3rd time I spoke w USPS they checked and told me where exactly they had dropped it (according to GPS). Went there and left a note.....package was at home in 15'. (mind it took a week of bouncing back and forth with sender, usps,etc).

USPS sometimes drops stuff at other addresses, just see how many you get ....
I had one package dropped somewhere else...., it was an expensive item....., and it took some time and claim filing, then on the 2-3rd time I spoke w USPS they checked and told me where exactly they had dropped it (according to GPS). Went there and left a note.....package was at home in 15'. (mind it took a week of bouncing back and forth with sender, usps,etc).
So you mean to tell me the place where is got mistakenly delivered, the person didn’t initially do the right thing and drop it off at your address or send it back to the USPS for them to redeliver it, but chose to keep it until you left them a note???

Top Bottom