What's new

Anyone else “shave” with their little kids?

I have the late 60s aluminum handled Tech that my wife's father bought for her so she could "shave" with him.

Ye gods, NO!
Kids are out of the picture when "dad is shaving". This is my time, time for myself and nobody else.
I am respecting and will always respect their time and space, they will respect mine.
Kids actually do know their boundaries, and they behave. This "limitation" doesn't bother them at all. Dad is shaving - leave dad be. That's all there is.
When time comes I will give my boys directions, and they're free to copy me or invent their own style. One thing I hope will stay with them: shaving must be done in peace and quiet.

Wee children will climb on toilets, sinks, cabinets, countertops, vanities, ladders, chairs... to reach something enticing. Razors, knives, matches, firearms, swords...are shiny objects.

Be careful, please.
Yeah, we keep the door
My 2 year old daughter loves to paint the lather on my face with the shave brush. Inevitably, I end up with it in my eyes, ears, nostrils, etc. but I love having little moments like that with her!
About a year ago my daughter got where she could reach my brush, so she would grab it and walk around the house rubbing it softly on the face. I think she just liked the feel of the soft bristles on her skin.

My sons are grown, but when they were young, around 4 - 7, they would come in the bathroom & use the play razor I got for them to pretend shave with me.

My son is 3. He has a blue razorock se and a razorock bruce brush he lathers up and shaves with. He uses col conk lime in his own mug and is starting to get a bowl lather going and brushes on his face

I strongly support this post. Got a genuine smile out of me. Thank you for sharing.

my 3 year old daughter hangs out in the bathroom with me while I shave in the morning, mainly because I'm listening to music, but I give her a brush to play around with, she always wants to dry off my brush on the towel when done, plus not too mention she always wants to smell my soaps and aftershaves, which is really pretty cool.

I have another new born that's only 3 months, also a girl, we will see what happens when she's older, but I'm sure she will hang with me as well.

My son is 3 and he loves to load his Indian Nylon GIllette brush with my soaps when he's in the tub. It's a fun activity. I think he could give some noobs a run for their money making lather. He gravitates toward soaps with interesting graphics. He likes Barrister & mann Cologne Russe because of the bear.

My little grandson likes to lather up and shave with whatever I am using sans the blade of course. He likes a tad of Aqua Velva.

My daughter loves my synthetic brushes. Also after I shave, she always asks if I'm wearing "afa-shave." I'd invite her to join me during my shave, but I'm afraid she'll grab a razor with a blade in it.

So my 4.5 year old is obsessed with “shaving” with me in the morning; she’s not a massive fan of my menthol-based products, but otherwise enjoys brushing on a lather with me and cleaning it off her face with a fake razor I made for her. Lately, she seems especially fond of me using Stirling’s vanilla sandalwood soap and some proraso white balm afterward (she likes the smells, can’t blame her).

I gave her a little proraso travel brush (Omega), and made her a fake razor that I moulded/cast from my 34c (no misidentifying which is safe for her to use), which seems to have made her very happy. Anyone else’s little ones into this as well? I enjoy sharing this with her; I’m very much interested to see if anyone else has similar stories, and if there’s anything that their kids especially like.

Can you provide some detail on how you made this razor? If I can make one in pink, I can be a bit more sure one with a blade doesn't get into her hands.

E6CE1B9B-83D5-4F17-9A60-46FD77AE8236.jpeg

Can you provide some detail on how you made this razor? If I can make one in pink, I can be a bit more sure one with a blade doesn't get into her hands.

Sure, happy to. That’s the exact reason I ended up doing that, it’s completely beige so she knows that’s the only one she can touch.

I covered the gaps in my razor with a similar material to plasticine and made a one-piece mould out of silicone mouldmaking compound. I then used two-part casting resin to create a duplicate (but plastic) one-piece fake copy of my razor. You should be able to get the material to do this from any larger hobby shop.

Once I took the copy out of the mould, I simply sanded off he flash and removed any sharp edges with some sandpaper.

View attachment 992578

Sure, happy to. That’s the exact reason I ended up doing that, it’s completely beige so she knows that’s the only one she can touch.

I covered the gaps in my razor with a similar material to plasticine and made a one-piece mould out of silicone mouldmaking compound. I then used two-part casting resin to create a duplicate (but plastic) one-piece fake copy of my razor. You should be able to get the material to do this from any larger hobby shop.

Once I took the copy out of the mould, I simply sanded off he flash and removed any sharp edges with some sandpaper.
That's pretty awesome! I didn't even know you could get something like that. That website just launched me into a new hobby... Thanks very much! [emoji6]

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

View attachment 992578

That's perfect, I'll have to give it a try

Top Bottom