What's new

Anyone else Repurpose Shave Lather or Foam?

Habit I got into years ago when money was tight, I still do this today, after shaving apart of face using index finder to remove soap/foarm from safe area of razor, and reapply with index finger for pass number two.

Never nicked, or cut index finger. But never say never.

Nope, it doesn't seem worth the risk. I'm cheap but not that cheap.

I'll use my finger to pick up the thick, proto-lather on my shave soap if needed though.

To each his own, but even with an expensive soap I would not reapply whisker filled lather to my face. But if it works for you, who am I to tell you otherwise

Has been working for years, beard is such small part of soap. Seem not to inter-fear with anything.

Frugel is what I am.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I make good use of left over lather. If I am intending to shower after shaving then I rub any left over lather into my face and body to make use of its skin conditioning ingredients, before taking a shower. If my lovely wife is about to take a shower then I rub the lather into her body, for her benefit you understand, not for my own 😂 I strongly recommend it but my wife is taken so you will have to find your own👍

That's reusing not repurposing.

Repurposing would be using Barbasol foam to clean a spot in your carpet. It works!

No sir. I have many pounds of soap and cream and will be long dead before I use my supply. Even leftover lather goes right down the drain.

Do what works for you though. 👍

Not worth the risk of an infection. Once you use soap bacteria is likely introduced to the lather along with moisture that can allow it to grow. Only want pristine and clean lather on my face when I'm scraping it with a sharp blade that can cause weepers.

Last edited:
Not worth the risk of an infection. Once you use soap bacteria is likely introduce to the lather along with moisture that can allow it to grow. Only want pristine and clean lather when on my face when I'm scraping it with a sharp blade that can cause weepers.
Valid point.

Top Bottom