What's new

Anyone else notice....

that DR Harris Arlington is a dead ringer for Acqua di Parma? At least to my nose - smelling the scent side by side I notice a REALLY striking similarity.

Interesting observation. Arlington is my favorite scent right now, but Aqua DiParma never came to mind as a similar scent. When I first tried Arlington, funny enough, I thought it smelled like Atkinson's Lavender. The more I smell it, the more it (Arlington) stands alone as it's own unique scent. Arlington is a bit powdery ... have you noticed that? It's very fresh but it does have some underlying powderiness to it. At first I had mistaken the fern note for Lavender .... that's why I thought of Atkinson's - I thought I was smelling Lavender .... now I know it's the fern that I'm smelling.

So do you like the Arlington?

- Dave

Maybe Scotto will chime in here as he sent me AdP, Arlington and Atkinson's Lavender samples. They are all remarkably similar to me. There is something a touch different between the AdP and Harris though and I preferred the AdP. The Lavender lasted about 60 seconds on me it seemed like - I could not smell it on me, but in the tube it is similar to the others.

Dennis

Austin said:
Joel, to my nose they smell different to me.
Interesting.... it may be due to the fact that the Arlington I have is shaving cream, not the cologne... so it might smell a little different in cream form, or my nose might be off :smile:

djr7572 said:
So do you like the Arlington?

- Dave

Dave,
I really enjoy it.... it has a very fresh, lively summer scent to it... really relaxing! In fact - I haven't shaved yet this AM, and I think i'll use the Arlington to break in my new Muhle Pinsel!

AdP, Atkinson's Lavender, and Harris Arlington are all very similar. The differences are subtle, but there. AdP has a stronger lemon bite in the beginning, and has a lingering rose base note. Arlington is more "powdery", and drys down to a ferny component. The Atkinsons is a bit more minty and crisp. I have them all and love them, but if I had to pick just one I think it might be Aqua di Parma.

joel said:
Interesting.... it may be due to the fact that the Arlington I have is shaving cream, not the cologne... so it might smell a little different in cream form, or my nose might be off :smile:

Yeah, I thought you were referring to the cologne. The DR Harris shave cream, to me, has a distinct orange note in it ... and I don't feel that it smells anything like the cologne. To me the shave cream is slightly similar at best.

Top Bottom