What's new

Anyone else lucky enough to live near a store that carries shave gear?

Being stationed 05JAN02 “transplant” in San Diego, not much that I’ve seen since I started wet shaving in ‘09. There was an AOS store but that’s gone now for years.
Normal major store chains. Also places like Sally’s beauty supply and local beauty supply stores that cater towards ethnic groups.
So for me it’s WCS, PAA or Amazon. Also I’m normally overseas, so there’s that. Easier to find supplies in less “developed” countries.

I can walk to either location of Pasteur Pharmacy, Eisler’s, Art of Shaving and probably another half dozen barbers fully stocked with products 😂

I live 3 miles from The Razor Company. I’m probably there once a week whether I need something or not. Jason is the owner and has become a good friend. A very extensive inventory, and I’m lucky to live so close.

The closest one is 81 kilometers away. However, it is much more expensive than ordering online from the capital of my country which is 600 kilometers away from my town. I would love to have one nearby.

For a few months I am living in the centre of London and my office is within 5 minutes walk to Taylor of Old Bond Street, Geo F Trumper, DR Harris, Truefitt & Hill, Santa Maria Novella. They are all in the same area. Apart from Santa Maria Novella none of those stores carry anything I’d buy normally, but it’s still kinda nice to walk past them and look in the window.

I’m so used to buying shaving gear online from around the world that there would be very few brick and mortar shaving retailers in the world with a broad enough inventory to be useful.

Good for you, sir! I am, however, terribly envious! Cheers!
Sorry Matt Leblanc GIF

😁

I live about 40 minutes from Stirling Soap's store front and about 30 minutes from their shop been to their store once and picked up some sample soaps, need to get back over there and pick up some more.

Top Bottom