What's new

Anyone else hear this news?

JM Marlin levers are nice guns. I'd like to see the bullseye walnut stocks back in gun racks at the stores. I doubt if we will see wood or metal back on a Marlin to rival the JM guns of the past regardless of who makes them.

I can't see this being anything but a good thing for the overall quality of Marlin firearms. My personal feeling is that Ruger has been making better finished firearms than Remington in recent years and the reputation of Marlin firearms has taken a beating since they were acquired by Remington, due to numerous accounts of poor quality control.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I can't see this being anything but a good thing for the overall quality of Marlin firearms. My personal feeling is that Ruger has been making better finished firearms than Remington in recent years and the reputation of Marlin firearms has taken a beating since they were acquired by Remington, due to numerous accounts of poor quality control.

Couldn't agree more.

IMG_9413.jpg
IMG_2307_Original.jpg
I I will most probably buy a "Ruglin" (or maybe it will be "Marger") should they come out with a cool new lever in .44 or .357
But I digress..........
Having Henry rifles available in myriad configurations keeps me from aching over having a quality lever rifle at my disposal. Some guys don't dig the tubular magazine feed; I have no problem with it. However in reply to those that just must have a side gate for loading, Henry has you covered.

Me, three weeks ago. Need the 1894 in .45 CoIt.

AA
You and me both. I actually don't have a single lever action and have wanted one forever. I'd always envisioned that being a 45/70, but as I have an 1873 SAA repro I'm thinking that perhaps one of the 1894's would make more sense(I know, I know, I should just buy both, lol). Nice to have some ammo commonality between the guns.

When's the last time anyone looked for Marlin lever action rifles in a pawn shop? I need to do this.
I was not looking for one, but when I spotted two 39a's and one Mountie in a gunshop, not pawnshop, while there to purchase a Sig P365, got to thinking and went back the next week. The two standard 39a's were gone, but I bought the Mountie.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was not looking for one, but when I spotted two 39a's and one Mountie in a gunshop, not pawnshop, while there to purchase a Sig P365, got to thinking and went back the next week. The two standard 39a's were gone, but I bought the Mountie.
That would be my luck! Thanks for the reply my friend.

I've been watching the outdoor channel too much lately...

That would be my luck! Thanks for the reply my friend.

I've been watching the outdoor channel too much lately...
We do get lucky at times. I got lucky twice at Gander Mountain before they closed down. This was before they put all the long guns behind the counter and you could go up and handle them. They also had some of the circular gun racks out on the floor. One day I walked in and there was a new Marlin 1894 CL in 32-20 on the floor rack. I was like a streak of greased lightning getting it to the sales counter. Another time they had 3 of the big CZ550 Safari American rifles on the rack, one each in .458 Lott, .416 Rigby and .375H&H, the first two had rather plain wood, the third had beautiful flame walnut. I thought about it , talked to the wife and called back and asked it they could hold it for a couple of days, and even offered my credit card so they could put a deposit on it. They said no problem and they would hold it. Got back up there and made the purchase, CZ had some promotion going on and it was and extra $150 off so came out good on that one.

I always wanted a lever gun, but never "pulled the trigger" on purchasing one. I like having two guns for each caliber. For example: I have a 0.22 pistol and a Ruger 10/22. I have a semi auto and a bolt action chambered in .223, although the semi can also handle 5.57 mm. I have a Ruger GP100 0.357 magnum (built like a tank). I always wanted a lever action chambered in .357 in case I ever encounter a situation in which a revolver is not quite powerful enough, yet not so powerful that I would have trouble with the kickback. At my age, a 30-30, .308, or 30-06 would be a little much.

Of course, another nice thing about lever guns is that they do not have a removeable magazine, so they are less likely to be banned in certain states.

I always wanted a lever gun, but never "pulled the trigger" on purchasing one. I like having two guns for each caliber. For example: I have a 0.22 pistol and a Ruger 10/22. I have a semi auto and a bolt action chambered in .223, although the semi can also handle 5.57 mm. I have a Ruger GP100 0.357 magnum (built like a tank). I always wanted a lever action chambered in .357 in case I ever encounter a situation in which a revolver is not quite powerful enough, yet not so powerful that I would have trouble with the kickback. At my age, a 30-30, .308, or 30-06 would be a little much.

Of course, another nice thing about lever guns is that they do not have a removeable magazine, so they are less likely to be banned in certain states.

Top Bottom