What's new

Anyone else have issues with Gifts and Care Lately?

I ordered a Simpsons Eagle 3 Pure brush for a steal of a price (just over $50US) and decided to check in today as I haven’t seen my brush that was ordered over a month ago.

I’m kinda perturbed that I won’t be receiving this brush and I don’t want to pay an additional $30-40 for same brush from another vendor.

Anyone else have issues with these guys? This is my first order from them and I also placed a second one a couple of weeks ago and have a few hundred bucks of stuff in my cart. This kinda left a sour taste in my mouth for future purchases. Am I overreacting and they are amazing to deal with and this is a one of? They seem to be well regarded around here...

Here is their response...

Hello,

I regret to inform you, that last week we received the information from the transport agency that their courier lost at about 30 of our packages sent 22nd and 25th of January.
Your package is among these lost packages.
They were doing their best to find the packages and deliver them as soon as possible, but unfortunately, the packages were not found.
Regarding this situation, we regret to inform you that we have to cancel your order and proceed with the refund since we do not have the product you purchased in the stock.
Please, accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Of course, if they had it in stock, they likely wouldn’t let me buy another for €41...

Last edited:
Both ( G&C ,YS.com ) Spanish shaving gear vendors are
the world’s worst vendors ,ever.

Personally ,I will never get anything
from them .
Even if they were the last
two shaving gear vendors on Earth.

Had really awful experiences
from both of them .

At my humble opinion there are other european vendors which offer
great and sincere services :
Rasoigoodfellas.com 🇮🇹
Soulobjects.de 🇩🇪
Kosmosman.gr 🇬🇷
Hairmaker.gr 🇬🇷
Wellshaved.gr 🇬🇷
TopShaving.gr 🇬🇷
Shaving.ie 🇮🇪

Last edited:
I have to say I've been completely satisfied with the things I got from both G&C and YS. Everything I ordered arrived at my door and was in great shape.

This main issue I have had has been slow and expensive shipping from Spain. During the current pandemic, shipping has been extremely slow. Instead of two weeks, it took more like four or five weeks and tracking was pretty vague during that time.

D

dangerousrazor

I was informed that my item ordered had been sent back by a transport agency due to damage. The item I oredered was out of stock at the moment so G&C said I had to wait a couple of days for restocking.

A week has passed since then and I heard nothing from them. It has been 2weeks total...,,

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've never bought from G&C but I have bought a couple Zenith brushes from Your Shaving and they were just fine in terms of communication and delivery time. And price. They were markedly less expensive than the American fellow who imports and sells Zeniths.

I remember reading in the European newspapers over the past summer that Spanish public services or social infrastructure like mail and transport nearly ground to a halt when the pandemic arrived. I don't know if they've been able to sort it since then, but it doesn't sound like they have from what I read in this thread.

I can recommend both G&C and YS and never had a problem with them.
G&C ships everything from Spain to the Netherlands and then onwards which makes for a rather slow overall shipping time but prices are good.

For getting things quick I can recommend Rasoigoodfellas which is nowadays my preferred option.

A representative of G&C tried last year
to convince me that my awful shedder
EJ STF L Version 1 was a new arrival to them .Tried to fool me.STF v1 is ceased from production almost a decade ago.

YS.com is having the highest shipping
fees in the whole EU.Reminds a tactic
that many vendors (not just of shaving gear) from China are using :
Price of the product 1€ /$ and shipping
fees of 20 €/$ for an unregistered and
without insurance and tracking ability package.

There are other EU vendors ,with
reasonable shipping fees and very
short delivery times .
Like rasoigoodfellas ,for example.

I have ordered from them multiple times over the years G&C has always provided fast responses to my queries and excellent customer service. I feel that they always did right by me, and I would not hesitate to shop with them again.

I ordered a brush from G&C a few years ago, so obviously my experience with them is not recent. But, I can say that my experience with them was excellent. The very first time I used the brush, I dropped it, it hit a sharpish edge on a waste basket, and a couple of large pieces of the handle broke off. I advised G&C, not really expecting any real remedy. However, after I sent to them a photo of the broken handle, they sent me a new one at their cost! On another note, I've noticed that many country's mail services are very slow at the moment, and tracking of parcels is really hit or miss. I'd estimate that about one half of my purchases lately, sent via tracked mail, show up at the house never having had any tracking information input by either post offices involved. So, it's not just Spain that's struggling.

I have dealt with G&C about 10 times over the years and have always received superb service with some outstanding prices to go along with it. My belief is that they are straight shooters. Sounds like just bad luck. :-(

Update:

I did receive the Simpsons Beaufort B6 brush I ordered a few weeks ago. Nice brush and no issues with delivery or packaging.

They also refunded me for my lost Eagle 3 package but I won’t be able to buy another for the same discounted price or even close. $h!t happens.

I will likely give them another shot as they have great prices on Semogue SOC brushes. 👍

i know ymmv and all that, but ive ordered perhaps 3 times from G&C over the last year or so, everything has been fine, suppose the fact im a quite near neighbour being in the UK helps🤔

Top Bottom