What's new

Anyone else get callused from writing...?

I write more than most (I am guessing). On an average day, I fill about 25 pages front and back in an A-5 journal and about the same number of pages worth of 8.5x11 (paperwork, etc.).
From time to time I notice the skin thickening and raising up quite a bit on the inside of my middle finger, no pain though.
Anyone else write soo much that they callus their fingers?
842B0097-7442-4B27-9380-A85DEDF84D09.jpeg

Used to in school when I was taking lots of notes and doing a lot of homework for math, but not so much in my adult life.

I don't write as much anymore as I used to in school. But my calloused middle finger is permanent. I have moved over to fountain pens now but I wish I knew about them when I was in school. The amount of pressure (which I believe caused it) that even gels and rollerballs need to write are exponentially greater than fountain pens - ballpoints and pencils are obviously worse.

I do. But not as bad as the callous from weight lifting.

I am considering wearing full length gloves at gym, they get to so bad they start to crack and bleed at winter time.

When I was in school and used a pencil I would get them all the time but now the majority of my writing is with fountain pen and I don't grip as hard and truth be told I don't do nearly as much writing as I used too

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
As mentioned before, at school used to get one all the time. Now hardly ever as I do not write as much as I should.

Lighten your grip and it will lessen if not go away completely. It is the remedy every time I start to notice it. Even after using fountain pens for years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lighten your grip and it will lessen if not go away completely. It is the remedy every time I start to notice it. Even after using fountain pens for years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Makes sense, I’ve been using Diamond Registrars for the last week and I like to lay the lines pretty wet so that they dry almost black.

Top Bottom