What's new

Anyone else fancy Parker 21?

The glued crack is still holding.

I took the pen to work in my computer bag, and that did lead to some blots. I have no blots at the house.

Is it normal for jostled pens to act up?

The glued crack is still holding.

I took the pen to work in my computer bag, and that did lead to some blots. I have no blots at the house.

Is it normal for jostled pens to act up?
In my experience pens that are jostled can end up with extra ink in the feed and act of but it rarely happens to me. What I normally have to contend with is changes in temperature where if it's cold outside during my commute and then going into a warm building might cause some burping issues

Legion

Staff member
21 Super is OK. I tend to pass on the standard 21. 51 is superior to both.
This. There are so many 51's out there, I've never felt the need to get more than one 21, just to try. Sure, a 51 costs more, but they last forever.

I scraped the crack with a pointed knive to make a grove for the epoxy. So far it has been a functional repair. I used clear epoxy, it does not look showroom new, and also doesn't look hideous.

Time will tell if the glue will hold long term.

My Parker 21 has been my daily driver for a couple of years. Being Air Force, I always have a pen in my pocket. The only time I leave it behind is when i fly. It doesn't always leak when it's full, but it's easier to just leave it on the ground. It's really smooth, writes well on good and crappy paper, and fits into the pen pockets on my flight suit. The latter is the hardest thing to find in a good fountain pen.

Top Bottom