What's new

Anyone else dislike Proraso ? (and where to go from here)

The green soap is nice, fresh and works well if you don't mind menthol.

The red is equally decent but with a more vintage smell.

The white works well but I don't really like the green tea smell, reminds me too much of the smell on my hands after weeding my garden!

The green aftershave is brilliant. I love that masculine, fresh and slightly menthol smell. I'll definitely buy the big bottle when I run out.

However, the green post shave Balm... Ugh. Gotta be honest here, it's rank. It smells like something you'd use to disinfect a budget Greek hotel toilet or to clean out an infected wound on a horse! And it's not only the smell it's the longevity of that smell and how it masks all the other proraso green scents prior. I guess it works as a ps balm, better than nothing if you've had a rough shave but ugh that smell lol.

The products are cheap though and from my experience so far work well and I'll buy more of some of their selection. I won't say they're the best and I refuse to say they're bad because for the important cost/performance ratio I can take a few surprisingly weird pongy scents on the chin and on the wallet without any great loss. I know I'll be buying and trying the red aftershave and the red cream tube when I can afford the extra luxury!

Top Bottom