What's new

Anyone done the trigger job/connector thing on their Glock?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
For Christmas SWMBO got me the:

Taran Tactical connector kit with springs

Lone Wolf firing pin safety

Lone Wolf ultimate trigger stop

Installed the parts in my Gen 2 Glock 22. After the pre-travel the trigger breaks and resets better than the stock parts. I didn't do anything to reduce the pre-travel as I've heard you can override the trigger safety and firing pin safety if you don't know what you're doing. The overtravel stop in the trigger housing didn't seem to do anything; I gradually ran it in until it wouldn't fire. It seems the connector took out all of the overtravel. The housing does have an extended ejector compared to the factory one so I just screwed the overtravel screw all the way open and left the housing in.

She also got me the stock firing pin spring. If the TTI spring doesn't stand up to repeted use I'll cut two or three coils off of the replacement stock spring and see how that works.

Also did the 25 cent trigger job on the trigger bar. Didn't mess with polishing the connector or the firing pin safety as they are new and smooth and shiny, and the connector has the nickel plating on it.

It does provide a better trigger, and I'll have to shoot it some to see if my groups are any better.

I do think I've been spoiled by my Wilson tuned 1911's trigger though. :001_rolle

I got into this game when I started out with Glocks. Nowadays, I just polish everything up and leave it alone. Below is the first 5 shots out of my Gen4 G19 using Wolf ball at 25', unsupported. The trigger isn't a bother if you dry fire and practice and I actually prefer it to 1911s but to each his own.

proxy.php

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
She also got me the stock firing pin spring. If the TTI spring doesn't stand up to repeted use I'll cut two or three coils off of the replacement stock spring and see how that works.

This should work. Might want to only cut off one coil at a time and then install it and see how it works. Better to cut off a little and go back than too much at one time.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I got into this game when I started out with Glocks. Nowadays, I just polish everything up and leave it alone. Below is the first 5 shots out of my Gen4 G19 using Wolf ball at 25', unsupported. The trigger isn't a bother if you dry fire and practice and I actually prefer it to 1911s but to each his own.

proxy.php

That is incredible marksmanship LL, unsupported at 25'. What is that on the bottom left corner? A flyer?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This should work. Might want to only cut off one coil at a time and then install it and see how it works. Better to cut off a little and go back than too much at one time.

Yeah, I've cut down springs before. That's the way I usually do it. I've never slimmed down the mainspring in my S&W L frame though, just put in a spring kit mainspring...didn't like it and was concerned about light primer strikes so I put the factory one back in. Did leave in the heaviest trigger return spring that came with the kit and haven't had any problems with double clutching (missing the reset) after 30 years.

I had the Smith tuned by a major metropolitan P.D. armorer after the cylinder wouldn't lock up after I dry fired it a bunch, and before I even put a live round through it. He took off the side plate, grabbed the hammer, and pulled everything out. Knocked off some burrs, smoothed some stuff up on some stones, took a hammer and reshaped some things on a form, and said "Smith and Wesson quality control now a days". Apparently he wasn't impressed with the parent company that took over S&W at the time. It's a Bangor Punta era Smith.

He tightened the mainspring screw all the way in, handed it back to me, and said "Now go shoot the hell outa it". Been shooting it for about 30 years and it's as smooth as butter.

I also had fired my issued S&W model 65 before I qualified with it and it shot to the left. Kaz, the armorer, unscrewed the barrel by hand...it was that loose. It was an unpinned barrel and had shifted loose a bit and threw the fixed sights off. He refitted it and it worked fine after that. That's the only time I've seen a barrel come loose, but he knew what had happened.

proxy.php

WOW! Nice group. That looks like my 10 shot groups at 7 yards with my Colt Officers ACP or my S&W L frame, except the one ragged hole on my 10 shot groups are a little bigger.

I got my Glock in the mid '90s, qualified with it at the P.D. for many years, dry fired the hell outa it, and still don't shoot it as well as my Colt 1911 or my Smith L frame that I carried for years as duty weapons.

Guess I'm more of a steel and leather kinda guy than the polymer and kydex thing.

Last edited:
That is incredible marksmanship LL, unsupported at 25'. What is that on the bottom left corner? A flyer?

You know, I'm not sure. I don't think it was a flyer but I'm certainly willing to admit it could be as I didn't save the target. I need to ask the guy I was shooting with.

Top Bottom