What's new

Anyone do silhouette?

That is a fine group, but is a far cry from .2" group....A dime ' s diameter is .7".

It generally takes a dedicated bench gun and much better ammo to semi-consistently shoot .2 groups.....I have seen a lot of .2 groups but have never, ever met a man and a gun that could do it all the time. If the wind doesn't get you, that one flyer in a box of even the best ammo will.

Very true. Probably never as consistent as a bench gun. But really good enough for sling and scope.:biggrin1:

For silhouette, I'm shooting standing unsupported with irons, and with results as Iit is..... If I miss, it's all me. :biggrin1:

I have in the past done some very informal shooting of plates with a handgun. At home I have some rimfire swinging silhouettes that I use with my air rifles, a Fienwerkbau 124 sporter and a 300 s match rifle. The sporter is a much higher velocity and with a scope I can reach out 40-50 yards with ease. The match rifle at a lower velocity, combined with the way it is fit to me, the sights and trigger can hit even the smallest chicken almost every time out to 30-35 yards. Realize this rifle and sights was designed to shoot targets at a standard range of only 10 meters.

There's a little trick that will get even cheap, bulk standard velocity 22's shooting fairly tight groups. Sort the rounds into groups based on their rim thickness. No it won't turn it into Ely but it will tighten things up nicely.

By the way I have never shot any 5 shot group with any of my handguns or rifles at any range that couldn't be covered with a quarter - Usually though I have to get change for the quarter and put a nickel over here and one over there and then one up near the corner and one on the bottom edge the last nickel goes somewhere between those.

Top Bottom