What's new

Anyone can recommend a person that does new knots on a old shave brush?

I have an old brush that I’ve had for close to 30 years and want to replace the knot. It has more sentimental value than anything else. Any direction would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Ditto on Rudy Vey. He’s wonderful.

Also, you could try DIY. I did my first 3 months ago. Used the range top to steam loosen my dad’s old Baton brush, then inserted a badger knot using silicone. Took an hour, and the materials from Maggard’s ran about $30. Gifted it to my son - it’s the brush on the right.

Videos on knot replacement

Attachments

• 1385CB27-034F-4EB4-9535-6FB32C67170D.jpeg
    1385CB27-034F-4EB4-9535-6FB32C67170D.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 33
Ditto on Rudy Vey. He’s wonderful.

Also, you could try DIY. I did my first 3 months ago. Used the range top to steam loosen my dad’s old Baton brush, then inserted a badger knot using silicone. Took an hour, and the materials from Maggard’s ran about $30. Gifted it to my son - it’s the brush on the right.

Videos on knot replacement

DIY is not that difficult. I've done well over a dozen now. Plenty of tutorials as well available here on B&B.

But if it has sentimental value I would either try a few others first or have someone else do it.

Also - lesson learned the hard way: steaming works about 90-95% of the time - but it CAN and DOES warp, crack, destroy nice brushes very easily.

After a second loss, I now use the cut the hair down and drill press out the rest method now and have not had any issues with that method.

Top Bottom