What's new

Anyone buy old Spice from India on the 'bay?

Nothing smells the same as the old stuff. I've tried them all. Fortunately, I think I now have a large enough stash of old Shulton to last the rest of my days. It's been my primary aftershave splash/fragrance since I was 15-16 which was the mid-60's. Now, I'm older than my dad was and his dad was when they passed.

One thing, I'm not sure the old stuff smells the same as it did when it was fresh but it smells soooo much better than the current line or the clones (Avon, Vi-Jon, etc.).

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Nothing smells the same as the old stuff. I've tried them all. Fortunately, I think I now have a large enough stash of old Shulton to last the rest of my days. It's been my primary aftershave splash/fragrance since I was 15-16 which was the mid-60's. Now, I'm older than my dad was and his dad was when they passed.

One thing, I'm not sure the old stuff smells the same as it did when it was fresh but it smells soooo much better than the current line or the clones (Avon, Vi-Jon, etc.).

I don’t think I remember fresh Shulton, but I can’t imagine it being better than the heaven inspired vintage Shulton? :)

I have the OS Lime and I love it, I use it very often. It has a lime smell that last longer than the clubman aftershave.
I remember ordering it from west coast saving. I just looked it up, wow it cost $20.99 now that is crazy.. I'm sure I'd buy it again if I didn't find one cheaper on ebay

A few years ago I ordered a couple bottles of 2 Girls Florida Water from Taiwan I believe. It took over 4 months, but it came. It was very cheap, even with shipping.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have the OS Lime and I love it, I use it very often. It has a lime smell that last longer than the clubman aftershave.
I remember ordering it from west coast saving. I just looked it up, wow it cost $20.99 now that is crazy.. I'm sure I'd buy it again if I didn't find one cheaper on ebay

Shulton Old Spice Lime is wonderful stuff. How wonderful? I have a collection of modern and vintage aftershaves numbering somewhere around 200 bottles give or take 15 bottles here or there. Some are multiples.

Of all the vintage lime aftershaves that have gone to the way side over the years or that can only be found on the bay. English Leather Lime? Or the vintage off shoots of Aqua Velva Frost Lime and Skin Bracer Dry Lime?

I don’t own any of these. But I have 5 1/2 bottles of Shulton Old Spice Lime. :)

I do have 4 bottles of vintage Avon Island Lime, which gets rave reviews to my surprise. It’s not bad by any means, it just is the most fleeting of all lime AS’s and it’s scent is just not very remarkable imo.

But Shulton’s Old Spice Lime, is still the foundation of Old Spice, highlighted or accented with a very nice lime scent. Heavenly stuff.

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
We’ve been spoiled by Amazon and eCommerce. I grew up in the early 1960s as many of us did, or before. How many folks remember begging their parents for something advertised in a comic book, sending off a letter to order it, and then by the time that it arrived 3-4 months later, you’d grown up? And this was domestic commerce in the US.

I do have some things that cannot be shipped by air, shipped seamail, and yes it’s slow. Typically 2-3 months. It isn’t a problem if you know what the service you’re getting is.

How many folks remember begging their parents for something advertised in a comic book, sending off a letter to order it

I was trying to explain this to my daughter a couple of weeks ago. Ordering records from the UK by mail order. Put a postal order (cheque, essentially) in the mail and hope that in 5 or 6 months something resembling an LP would show up in the post.

All this buyer protection stuff is luxury, luxury I tell you! 😋

Did your Old Spice arrive yet? I just ordered some.
I bought a bottle of Old Spice Lime on Ebay about a month ago from a seller in India - I'm in the US. The next day (July 22), I received a shipping notification, with tracking. The notice simply says "Tracking number provided", and the status has not changed since.

It's been a month, and no update or package. I sent the seller a message explaining that I have not yet received my item, and gotten no response.

So, has anyone purchased any OS from India, and if so, how long does shipping take?

I'm considering filing for a refund from PayPal, but want to give the seller a fair shake (and it's not a lot

It's definitely Old Spice. I don't get a lot of citrus, just a touch - but predominately the signature "spice".

I like it, though I was hoping for a bit more lime.

We’ve been spoiled by Amazon and eCommerce. I grew up in the early 1960s as many of us did, or before. How many folks remember begging their parents for something advertised in a comic book, sending off a letter to order it, and then by the time that it arrived 3-4 months later, you’d grown up? And this was domestic commerce in the US.

I do have some things that cannot be shipped by air, shipped seamail, and yes it’s slow. Typically 2-3 months. It isn’t a problem if you know what the service you’re getting is.

I was able to "see through" what the X-Ray specs were supposed to be.
I had friends with tropical fish, so I was able to figure out what
Sea Monkeys really were.

But the one that I really could not imagine what they would actually send
was the $6.98 Polaris Nuclear Submarine, big enough to seat 2 kids,
with rockets and torpedoes that really fired.

Just got a tube of Old Spice cream. 15 days from India to New Mexico. Seller sent a 70g tube of lime instead of a 30g Original. Have another due in any day of the Original. For some crazy reason I like this stuff.

Just got a tube of Old Spice cream. 15 days from India to New Mexico. Seller sent a 70g tube of lime instead of a 30g Original. Have another due in any day of the Original. For some crazy reason I like this stuff.

That's pretty quick.

The lime isn't bad, just not what I expected. I thought it would be more lime and less spice. I still use the lime AS occasionally but prefer the original scent.

Top Bottom