What's new

Anyone able to order from Varlet?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1651426751221.png

It usually takes more than a year from start to finish. Based on limited experience, Aldo typically only replies to emails once you order. The only way to know what one is like is to wait it out or buy used.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
😲

I rate Varlet's professionalism level, based on the available information provided in this thread, as a 1 out of 5.

(1) Not responding to emails unless an order is made. Already lost a customer with me Varlet!

(2) Shutting down the transaction system for orders in order to catch up on orders, seriously!

That is not the way to run a professional company. Varlet needs to get their stuff together man, cause thats total BS.

Better to stick with APShaveCo or Rudy Vey for your brushes from now on.

I think it’s fine. It’s Aldo’s business and it’s his choice how much time and money he wants to put into it. He makes very nice brushes and they are so nice because of the meticulous and personal way he makes them. Because they are so good there is far more demand than he could ever meet without completely changing his business, and apparently he does not wish to do that. It’s pretty obvious why he doesn’t have time to spend answering emails from people who are just going to be upset when he has to refuse their order. He does not need more customers, his problem is that he has too many and he surely does not like them having to wait so long for their brushes.

There’s nothing wrong with any of that. None of us has the right to demand that Aldo scales up his business, spends every waking hour on it, invests money in hiring staff, purchases more equipment, and mortgages his home to finance all that - knowing that artisan shaving brushes are a small niche business and next year another brush maker might be the fashion and Varlet might not.

This debate happens over and over again for sought after brush makers. It is unreasonable to demand anything different from Varlet. If you can’t get one there is still a very good chance that you will not die. And no doubt other people will see there is an unsatisfied market for really high quality shaving brushes and they will see an opportunity to start new businesses. There are lots of very good brushes available in any case.

Last edited:
Nobody has ever answered me either, but I don't think it's due to commitments as to education.
Reply don’t cost nothing

luckily they are not medicines and the world is full of brushes and razors to buy, especially with certain budgets
We created all of this and now we can't complain.
2 years for a razor 2 years for a brush ... hoping someone has read your message .
it's just too funny … LOL

I have to agree Star Wahl, if you start a business you should run it like a real business whether what your selling is your hobby interest or not. Its one thing to take down ordering but its another thing to just completely ignore future customers. I was looking at his brushes and they are definitely nice looking but I have seen a lot of frustrated posts from people specifically about his communications even after the purchase, so its been bumped down the list as far as where I will put my money.

Yes there are other vendors with long waits but they are justifiable, wolfman for instance does actually communicate with you and they make arguably the best razors you can buy, as far as brushes go there are many brush makers who make just as high if not higher quality knots. The first time I bought anything from Strike gold, DG, and even Oumo and ARNO I received quick replies from all before I placed an order to get information about what I was purchasing.

Bottom line if your frustrated about it take your money elsewhere. Don't waste any of your valuable time there are other great options out there.

Now he releases brushes and it's a race to order. They sell out in about 30 seconds, so good luck. I've sat at the computer refreshing every ten seconds until they become available, and I've never been able to get my information entered quickly enough to get a brush. I'd rather get on a waitlist and wait a year. Keep an eye on the BST.

Wow! Things have changed in our hobby. I woke up to find an email from The Varlet. Since it came seven hours earlier, I thought there was no way any brushes were still available, but two were. A new Mega, with a bulb knot, is on the way.

Wow! Things have changed in our hobby. I woke up to find an email from The Varlet. Since it came seven hours earlier, I thought there was no way any brushes were still available, but two were. A new Mega, with a bulb knot, is on the way.
Do you happen to know if there more than one available of the brush types he had listed?

Top Bottom