What's new

Anyone a one pass guy ?

One-pass ATG with touch-ups. This is habit from lazy cartridge days. My technique is not quite there yet, and I sometimes nick the skin above the ends of my lip, so I will see if extending to two-pass helps. Or maybe one-pass XTG.

I started off in 2016 doing 4 passes per shave to get what I felt was an acceptable clean shave and with the addition and deletion of different razors and improvement in technique, I have been able to eliminate 2 of those passes which now results in a BBS that lasts for 24-26hrs so now I shave every other day because there isn't enough stubble to shave every day without experiencing some sort of irritation, but one day I could only hope to get something acceptable enough in one pass that I could live with. I've tried to do ATG on the first pass with touch ups but was never very successful enough at it. Maybe now that my technique has improved I should revisit it?

Had a surprisingly good 1 pass this morning. Was in a hurry, one pass WTG on 3 days growth with my timeless .95. Was surprisingly close, and smooth enough for what I needed. Usually I need atleast 2 passes to bring my scruff down to a presentable level.

Lol, yes I’m a 1 pass shaver mostly and after that pass I detail/buff, mostly detail on my chin, and against the grain on my upper lip. I would say moustache but it’s far from that. I swing from a Level 1 CG to an R41 to a straight and back. IMO, my technique with a DE or SE is spot on, I know and respect my razors and pair them quite well (I think) with a blade that works for me. Regarding straights, Haha, I’m getting there. As soon as I get distracted (which is easy) my angle begins to change and that’s where I get bitten, right at the angle change. Yep, 1 pass and smooth as silk!

I find that with DE and SE razors I typically do a one pass shave with touchups on my chin. With straights I do one pass on my cheeks and two passes on my neck and chin.

Top Bottom