What's new

Anybody used Fitjar Soap?

It is a great soap, but they are going out of business. I copied this from their website:

4. august 2014: I am working on finding someone to carry on the Fitjar Soap brand and production, and really hope to make this happen. Further information about this will be posted here and in our newsletter.

25. juni 2014: Time has come for a change. After careful consideration, I have decided to discontinue production ar Fitjar Soap.

The reason for this decision is that during the last year there are new requirements for marketing and sale of cosmetics, in Norway and EU. For my small business these demands have serious consequences, so that I no longer consider it appropriate to continue operations.
This occurs in a year in which:

1 The sales are better than ever

2 Feedback from my dear customers is overwhelmingly positive at home and abroad

3 The company’s finances are solid. (I have had good results every year since I started, and record results in 2013)
Nevertheless, the situation is such that the new cosmetics legislation involves comprehensive bureaucratic requirements, so there is no longer an economic basis for continued operation. I have a total of about 120 self-made products and the EU regulations require extensive documentation and analysis of each product in order to market and sell it. I have therefore decided to close down the operation of Fitjar Soap and find other activities on which I will spend my energy.

Obviously, this is sad, especially considering my dear customers. But I’m working on getting other ( larger players ) to take over, particularly the shaving products . At present it is uncertain what the solution will be, but I hope this will be resolved so that Fitjar Soap shaving products can live on under other management. As of now, I have some of all the products on shelf, and these remaining products on shelf will be sold while supplies last.

Warmest regards, Jorunn

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Those EU labeling requirements seem to do more harm than good for producers.

I almost ordered a couple years ago but discovered they contained SLS and said phooey.

Those EU labeling requirements seem to do more harm than good for producers.

I almost ordered a couple years ago but discovered they contained SLS and said phooey.

When I originally heard that it was being discontinued I made a rush to go buy some, but once I read the list of ingredients I rushed right back away. I don't like shave detergent.

It is a great soap, but they are going out of business. I copied this from their website:

4. august 2014: I am working on finding someone to carry on the Fitjar Soap brand and production, and really hope to make this happen. Further information about this will be posted here and in our newsletter.

25. juni 2014: Time has come for a change. After careful consideration, I have decided to discontinue production ar Fitjar Soap.

The reason for this decision is that during the last year there are new requirements for marketing and sale of cosmetics, in Norway and EU. For my small business these demands have serious consequences, so that I no longer consider it appropriate to continue operations.
This occurs in a year in which:

1 The sales are better than ever

2 Feedback from my dear customers is overwhelmingly positive at home and abroad

3 The company’s finances are solid. (I have had good results every year since I started, and record results in 2013)
Nevertheless, the situation is such that the new cosmetics legislation involves comprehensive bureaucratic requirements, so there is no longer an economic basis for continued operation. I have a total of about 120 self-made products and the EU regulations require extensive documentation and analysis of each product in order to market and sell it. I have therefore decided to close down the operation of Fitjar Soap and find other activities on which I will spend my energy.

Obviously, this is sad, especially considering my dear customers. But I’m working on getting other ( larger players ) to take over, particularly the shaving products . At present it is uncertain what the solution will be, but I hope this will be resolved so that Fitjar Soap shaving products can live on under other management. As of now, I have some of all the products on shelf, and these remaining products on shelf will be sold while supplies last.

Warmest regards, Jorunn

Many thanks, that is a shame

Sodium Laurel Sulfate
Actually it stands for sodium lauryl sulfate. Then there's also sodium laureth sulfate; it is usually abbreviated SLES.

Both are surfactants/detergents/sudsing agents and both can cause skin irritation in people who are sensitive, but SLS is generally worse than SLES.

she made some nice soaps, as well as creams and balms, for a period of time, with some rather unique scents as well.
always performed fine for me, never any irritation.

$fitjars rose solingen saturday kent harris pink july 26 2014.jpg

Top Bottom