What's new

Anybody try any of these pipe tobaccos?

Needed a step up from Captain Black so I just ordered these three tobaccos:

1) G.L. Pease Meridian

2) Peterson Sunset Breeze

3) Escudo Navy Deluxe

The descriptions and reviews sounded good so I pulled the trigger and they are probably somewhere over the Pacific as we speak. Anybody tried any of these?

Escudo is one of my regular baccies. I am a fan of Virginia blends and the roll cake presentation adds a lot of choices in smoking. You can rub it out for a sweeter smoke or leave the disc intact for a heartier/darker smoke. If you like Virginia/Perique blends, escudo is a must-try.

Tim

Sunset Breeze is a pretty tasty blend; I seem to remember it burning a little wet, but it might have been user error as I was enjoying the taste so much I found myself puffing perhaps a bit too quickly. Hope you enjoy them all!

I like Escudo, but I haven't tried tried the others. All are pretty good brands that have a good reputation. G.L. Pease and Peterson tobaccos are regulars for me.

Ive tried Meridian and the Escudo. Both are good. There is a place online called http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/ They have a good database for pipe tobacco's. Only problem is there are alot of stupid people reviewing. Overall it is good.

Tell us how you really feel about those reviews! I feel ya though, there are so many that are added under the wrong name/brand and many people whose reviews are just useless. There are also those gems that make up for it though.

Yeah. There are some dumb people on tobacco reviews. However there are some great reviewers on there. Pay attention to the ones that have more substance and better description rather than "It is garbage," or " I don't like latakia blends....it is crap."

Top Bottom