What's new

Anybody Tried Taconic Injector Blades? Any Good?

I have used them. I find that they are a little harsher than the Chicks for me, but in no way detrimental to the shave. They are also the blades that come with the new Parker Adjustable razor. If you want to try one, just shoot me a pm and I can get one to you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Find out if they are made by Personna. If so, they will be superior to the regular Schick blades. (which are perfectly fine blades)
Ive found that Personna PTFE injector blades give me an unparalleled BBS and barely need to come into contact with my face.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I have used them. I find that they are a little harsher than the Chicks for me, but in no way detrimental to the shave. They are also the blades that come with the new Parker Adjustable razor. If you want to try one, just shoot me a pm and I can get one to you.

PM sent! Thanks! And thanks for your observations. I nearly always use a straight but I have a couple of different gold GIllette adjustables, some cheap shavettes, and a couple of injectors, an "E" and a new yellow handle "Lady Eversharp" and the injectors get used several times a year. The LE is actually a great face razor and I like being able to open it up for deep cleaning. I have been using the Chicks but finally getting low and I was just about to order a couple more packs and I saw the Taconics on fleabay. Pretty cheap, at .35 per blade shipped, so I thought I ought to ask around for opinions.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Find out if they are made by Personna. If so, they will be superior to the regular Schick blades. (which are perfectly fine blades)
Ive found that Personna PTFE injector blades give me an unparalleled BBS and barely need to come into contact with my face.
Thanks, Ouchy. I will contact the seller and see if he knows.

PM sent! Thanks! And thanks for your observations. I nearly always use a straight but I have a couple of different gold GIllette adjustables, some cheap shavettes, and a couple of injectors, an "E" and a new yellow handle "Lady Eversharp" and the injectors get used several times a year. The LE is actually a great face razor and I like being able to open it up for deep cleaning. I have been using the Chicks but finally getting low and I was just about to order a couple more packs and I saw the Taconics on fleabay. Pretty cheap, at .35 per blade shipped, so I thought I ought to ask around for opinions.
I use my SE and injectors much more that the DEs i have. I have tried straights but found that I don't enjoy them as much...even though I have a cigar box of them along with 3 different strops.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets

I asked the seller and he won't tell me. First he said "Taconic" and I told him I wasn't an idiot and Taconic isn't a manufacturer or we would know about it, and please tell me who actually manufactured the blades, not the name of the company that owns the brand. Then he said company policy blah blah blah. If the blade Mayer is sending me makes me happier than the Chicks, I will buy, otherwise no. Nobody should be ashamed of his sourcing. I am thinking they are Chinese and he doesn't want anybody to know, which is kind of BS since the Chinese Schicks are well received in the community.

I asked the seller and he won't tell me. First he said "Taconic" and I told him I wasn't an idiot and Taconic isn't a manufacturer or we would know about it, and please tell me who actually manufactured the blades, not the name of the company that owns the brand. Then he said company policy blah blah blah. If the blade Mayer is sending me makes me happier than the Chicks, I will buy, otherwise no. Nobody should be ashamed of his sourcing. I am thinking they are Chinese and he doesn't want anybody to know, which is kind of BS since the Chinese Schicks are well received in the community.
Thanks for checking into this.
Yes, Chinese Chicks are excellent injector blades, I have no problems with them, but the Personna PTFE injector blades turn your your razor into a whole new animal. Shaving nirvana.

Are these the ones?

Thanks for checking into this.
Yes, Chinese Chicks are excellent injector blades, I have no problems with them, but the Personna PTFE injector blades turn your your razor into a whole new animal. Shaving nirvana.
FE94D029-B7CC-4E59-A84C-6B60CCDD61DE.png
AA2EB68D-5171-4B67-905A-0D068015EACF.jpeg

I think they are Personna blades made in the USA. FWIW I really like them. I am new to injector shaving (4-5 weeks). The blades I have are sold in the UK as Personna USA blades and when I do an online search I also see ‘Taconic’ injector blades in an identical injector cartridge. Plastic main body with a metal key and slider mechanism. If there are 20 blades in the dispenser I think they will be rebranded Personna USA blades. Having said that I am speaking from a UK perspective and so branding may be different!

Hello All. I came to this thread to find out if there is a winner, or at least definitive differences, between the three currently produced injector blades: Schick, Personna, and Taconic.

I see a lot of mention of "Chicks" which I can't tell if it's a spell correction of Schick, or if it's some secretive shaver slang word combining the words China (their country of manufacture) and Schick, that only the cool, and by no means racist, kids use.

I'm hoping it's a lazy use of the former, as "Chicks" isn't a helpful search word by any means when it comes to this kind of shaving information, and will all but guarantee new shavers, web searchers, and site lurkers completely miss potentially valuable feedback and product information because they're not 'in the know'.

If the former, posts can easily be edited for a few minutes post-posting, and will ensure your words of wisdom reach the widest audience. If it's the latter, a simple explanation at the start of your post would be helpful, or even better just drop the jargon that's borderline racist, and embrace your inner gentleman (as this is supposed to be a gentlemen's forum) and discard your inner adolescent.

And yes (rant complete), I'm still seeking feedback on those three brands, and am trying to not have to website hop to find it.

Sincerely,

~Kai

Last edited:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Taconic is pretty decent. My observation is that it is maybe the Chick is very slightly smoother and sharper. Hard to tell the difference, actually. The Taconic seems to last slightly longer. I didn't perform a proper double blind multi participant scientific method trial. So, YMMV. They are an okay blade and shouldn't disappoint. My two test razors were a vintage G type and a NIB Lady Eversharp. Apparently these are still marketed in Greece. I just got Mrs Slash one, too. Still trying to get her to try it.

Taconic injector blades are definitely just Personnas. For me, Personnas work fine in my many models of Schick razors. The only knock on them is the low quality dispenser. Load with care!

I am too cheap to splurge on Chicks, but I also use Schick Bs from the 20 pack (aka B-20s) and vintage Gillette Platinum-Plus. There is not much difference in shave quality for me. The B-20s have more rounded corners, so they sit more edge forward in Schick razors. I'm saving mine for use in the MinGoose.

@Slash McCoy @Tanuki , I still have zero clue what these "Chicks" blades are that you two speak of. Can you PM me a link to some, please? I was only aware of three current production choices, but it sounds like there's a fourth... Well, third since Taconics are just re-branded Personnas.

~Kai

@Slash McCoy @Tanuki , I still have zero clue what these "Chicks" blades are that you two speak of. Can you PM me a link to some, please? I was only aware of three current production choices, but it sounds like there's a fourth... Well, third since Taconics are just re-branded Personnas.

~Kai
These are the Chinese made Schick Injector blades. They come on the yellow card.

Chicks.jpg

So then there are really only two blades to choose from then; Schick and Personna, and both are equal with different pluses and minuses evening them out. Is that correct?

~Kai

Well there are some Schick and Gillette twin blades but I am not sure if they are old stock. There are other vintage old stock around. I am pretty sure Gillette no longer makes Injector blades. Some also use the Schick Proline B20 blades. They are shorter than the P20's that are used in shavettes and razors like the Vector. But the B20s come in a cartridge without the injector "key" so you have to remove them from their dispenser and load them into an injector dispenser with a key. But basically you are correct, It's either Schick or Personna. Ted Pella, Taconic and Barber Supply blades are all Personna blades to the best of my understanding.

Top Bottom